Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/)
-   -   source missing from 5.7 release (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/577917-source-missing-5-7-release.html)

Florian La Roche 09-20-2011 11:13 AM

source missing from 5.7 release
 
Hello CentOS development team,

seems the pushout scripts still miss a few corner cases.

The following source packages only show up in
CentOS-5.6, but not in CentOS-5.7:
5.6/os/SRPMS/gfs-kmod-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.src.rpm
5.6/os/SRPMS/gnbd-kmod-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.src.rpm
5.6/os/SRPMS/cmirror-kmod-0.1.22-3.el5.src.rpm

Binary packages still seem to exist in 5.7:
[laroche@munich centos]$ find 5.7/os/ -name "kmod-*"
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gfs-PAE-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.i686.rpm
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.i686.rpm
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-PAE-0.1.22-3.el5.i686.rpm
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gfs-xen-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.i686.rpm
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-0.1.22-3.el5.i686.rpm
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-PAE-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.i686.rpm
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-xen-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.i686.rpm
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-xen-0.1.22-3.el5.i686.rpm
5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gfs-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.i686.rpm
5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-xen-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-gfs-xen-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-kvm-debug-83-239.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-kvm-83-239.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-xen-0.1.22-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-gfs-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-0.1.22-3.el5.x86_64.rpm

Nobody running any of the check scripts if all binary rpms do have
corresponding source rpms available? Things get rotten so fast...

best regards,

Florian La Roche

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 09-21-2011 12:19 PM

source missing from 5.7 release
 
On 09/20/2011 12:13 PM, Florian La Roche wrote:
> The following source packages only show up in
> CentOS-5.6, but not in CentOS-5.7:
> 5.6/os/SRPMS/gfs-kmod-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.src.rpm
> 5.6/os/SRPMS/gnbd-kmod-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.src.rpm
> 5.6/os/SRPMS/cmirror-kmod-0.1.22-3.el5.src.rpm

not sure where you are looking, but i see this srpms in the right place
just fine.

- KB
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Johnny Hughes 09-21-2011 12:20 PM

source missing from 5.7 release
 
On 09/20/2011 06:13 AM, Florian La Roche wrote:
> Hello CentOS development team,
>
> seems the pushout scripts still miss a few corner cases.
>
> The following source packages only show up in
> CentOS-5.6, but not in CentOS-5.7:
> 5.6/os/SRPMS/gfs-kmod-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.src.rpm
> 5.6/os/SRPMS/gnbd-kmod-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.src.rpm
> 5.6/os/SRPMS/cmirror-kmod-0.1.22-3.el5.src.rpm
>
> Binary packages still seem to exist in 5.7:
> [laroche@munich centos]$ find 5.7/os/ -name "kmod-*"
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gfs-PAE-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-PAE-0.1.22-3.el5.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gfs-xen-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-0.1.22-3.el5.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-PAE-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-xen-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-xen-0.1.22-3.el5.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/i386/CentOS/kmod-gfs-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.i686.rpm
> 5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-xen-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
> 5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-gfs-xen-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
> 5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-kvm-debug-83-239.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
> 5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-kvm-83-239.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
> 5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-gnbd-0.1.5-2.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
> 5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-xen-0.1.22-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
> 5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-gfs-0.1.34-15.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
> 5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kmod-cmirror-0.1.22-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
>
> Nobody running any of the check scripts if all binary rpms do have
> corresponding source rpms available? Things get rotten so fast...
>
> best regards,
>
> Florian La Roche

We are completely out of space on several of our infrastructure mirrors
... so we are putting all the 5.7 SRPMS in the vault for the time being
(so we can have room for getting 6.1 released).

You should be able to get any 5.7 SRPMS from here:

http://vault.centos.org/5.7/os/SRPMS/

or from one of the other branches like updates/SRPMS/, etc.

We are sorry for any inconvenience, but since we started doing CR repos,
space requirements have increased drastically.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Florian La Roche 09-21-2011 12:45 PM

source missing from 5.7 release
 
Hello Johnny Hughes,

> We are completely out of space on several of our infrastructure mirrors

That's really bad.

> ... so we are putting all the 5.7 SRPMS in the vault for the time being
> (so we can have room for getting 6.1 released).
>
> You should be able to get any 5.7 SRPMS from here:
>
> http://vault.centos.org/5.7/os/SRPMS/
>
> or from one of the other branches like updates/SRPMS/, etc.
>
> We are sorry for any inconvenience, but since we started doing CR repos,
> space requirements have increased drastically.


I've seen rpms being deleted over the last days and think it is great to
have CentOS require only little mirror space, even if then only the release
level and e.g. newest update levels are available. It is ok to go to
a special site for debugging purposes and older levels.

With src.rpms: they vanished, got copied out several times and other stuff,
so I wasn't sure where the problem really was.

thanks and best regards,

Florian La Roche

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.