Old 09-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Karanbir Singh

Default LibreOffice for CentOS-6 Test and Feedback

hi guys,

NuxRo has offered to maintain a LibreOffice rpm set for CentOS-6-Extras;
A test build is now available at http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/testing/

Feedback at http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5117 or here on the list.
Remember that these rpms wont move into the main CentOS repos till such
time as there is significant feedback about, it works. And little or no
feedback saying its broken.

As this is also the first rpm into the c6/testing repo, feedback is also
welcome about how we can improve the process.

Regards,

- KB

Old 09-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Jerry Amundson

NuxRo has offered to maintain a LibreOffice rpm set for CentOS-6-Extras;

A test build is now available at http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/testing/

The *.repo files under http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/ could be helpful, similar to those under 4/ and 5/.

thanks,
jerry

Old 09-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 09/17/2011 08:44 PM, Jerry Amundson wrote:
> The *.repo files under http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/ could be helpful,
> similar to those under 4/ and 5/.

Done, Also did metadata for srpms/

- KB

Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Време: 09/17/2011 11:59 AM, Karanbir Singh пише:
> hi guys,
>
> NuxRo has offered to maintain a LibreOffice rpm set for CentOS-6-Extras;
> A test build is now available at http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/testing/

I just installed it, all went fine. I am particulary pleased with
language support. In Serbia we use both Cyrillic (Official) and Latin
scripts equally (National minorities and computer geeks mostly ). One
language pack now has them together and they even have automatic
translator macro's. Wonderfull.

I will be working with Calc next few days. If I see any problems I will
report, but since I used to pack my own version of OOo 3.x into my
repository for 5.x and 6.x I can say it is very neatly done, and I do
not see any lapses.

If requirements haven't changed from 3.3.x to 3.4.x, I would suggest
that you build CentOS 5 version also. I use(d) both 3.2 and 3.3 on
CentOS 5, and haven't see any problems at all.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 12-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 09/27/2011 12:53 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Време: 09/17/2011 11:59 AM, Karanbir Singh пише:
>> hi guys,
>>
>> NuxRo has offered to maintain a LibreOffice rpm set for CentOS-6-Extras;
>> A test build is now available at http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/testing/

Been using it since end of Sept. No issues whatsoever. I suggest to give
it more public exposure.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

On 12/29/2011 01:06 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 12:53 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> Време: 09/17/2011 11:59 AM, Karanbir Singh пише:
>>> hi guys,
>>>
>>> NuxRo has offered to maintain a LibreOffice rpm set for CentOS-6-Extras;
>>> A test build is now available at http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/testing/
>>>

> Been using it since end of Sept. No issues whatsoever. I suggest to give
> it more public exposure.

+1

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 12-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 12/29/2011 12:06 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 12:53 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> Време: 09/17/2011 11:59 AM, Karanbir Singh пише:
>>> hi guys,
>>>
>>> NuxRo has offered to maintain a LibreOffice rpm set for CentOS-6-Extras;
>>> A test build is now available at http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/testing/
>>>

> Been using it since end of Sept. No issues whatsoever. I suggest to give
> it more public exposure.

There is an update coming... lets get that in and then make some noise!

- KB