Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Gianluca Cecchi

Default twitter vs open atrium dashboard

Hello,
were the messages about 5.7 on twitter too optimistic or
http://qaweb.dev.centos.org a little behind in term of updates?

Gianluca

PS: I'm available to offer some help, in term of time, if needed, in
the communication side

Old 09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Ulrich Leodolter

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 12:44 +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> were the messages about 5.7 on twitter too optimistic or
> http://qaweb.dev.centos.org a little behind in term of updates?

# @CentOS Karanbir Singh
# CentOS-5.7 is now staging for release. ETA on public mirrors ~ 72 to 80 hrs
#
# 7 Sep via web

72h / 24h = 3d

7 Sep + 3d = 10 Sep

looks like u are right and twitter was a little bit too optimistic.

centos tweets or qa messages about release dates
are always very very optimistic, that's what i've learned
over the last months.

normally u should multiply hours,days,months by a least 3 ;-)

br
ul

Old 09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Gianluca Cecchi

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Ulrich Leodolter wrote:
> centos tweets or qa messages about release dates
> are always very very optimistic, *that's what i've learned
> over the last months.

Yes, but I thought and hoped that the qa dashboard was born to address
these kind of misunderstandings...
Probably it is not the case, at least until today... ;-(
No update at all for 11 days since a message like "CentOS 5.7 ISOs
images available for the QA team" seems a bit too much, IMHO.
Just a "simple" status update would be appreciated on QA board...

Old 09-12-2011, 01:58 PM
"dfrg.msc"

2011/9/12 Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> were the messages about 5.7 on twitter too optimistic or
> http://qaweb.dev.centos.org a little behind in term of updates?
>
> Gianluca
>
> PS: I'm available to offer some help, in term of time, if needed, in
> the communication side

Indeed, CentOS 5.7 has open up for external mirrors to sync since
earlier today. So it is pushing on public mirrors now.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Gianluca Cecchi

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 3:58 PM, dfrg.msc wrote:

> Indeed, CentOS 5.7 has open up for external mirrors to sync since
> earlier today. So it is pushing on public mirrors now.

In this case, is it confirmed that on a system running with CR enabled
repo no manual operation other than "yum update" is needed?
Thanks,
Gianluca

Old 09-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 09/12/2011 05:10 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 3:58 PM, dfrg.msc wrote:
>> Indeed, CentOS 5.7 has open up for external mirrors to sync since
>> earlier today. So it is pushing on public mirrors now.
> In this case, is it confirmed that on a system running with CR enabled
> repo no manual operation other than "yum update" is needed?
yes

Old 09-12-2011, 02:22 PM
"dfrg.msc"

2011/9/12 Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 3:58 PM, dfrg.msc wrote:
>>
>> Indeed, CentOS 5.7 has open up for external mirrors to sync since
>> earlier today. So it is pushing on public mirrors now.
>
> In this case, is it confirmed that on a system running with CR enabled
> repo no manual operation other than "yum update" is needed?
> Thanks,
> Gianluca

External mirrors are catching up now, I think we have to wait at least
2 more days.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 09/12/2011 03:22 PM, dfrg.msc wrote:
> External mirrors are catching up now, I think we have to wait at least
> 2 more days.

yea, wasent quite counting on kernel.org going completely offline. Quite
a few people seed from there. Although I dont think its going to be 2
days from here, we should have enough mirrors to release with later today.

What does take a bit of time is the mirrorlist stuff to catch up. But it
should not take more than 6 - 8 hrs as well.

- KB