Old 09-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Jupiter

Default Does CentOS 6 udev rule format diff from CentOS 5?

Hi,

I've just updated from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6. I have one or my own udev rule in
/etc/udev/rules.d to change permission of a USB device which works on CentOS 5 but is no longer working on CentOS 6. Are there any changes in
CentOS 6 regarding to the udev rule format?

Thank you.

hce

Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Stephen Walsh

On 09/06/2011 07:32 AM, Jupiter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just updated from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6. I have one or my own udev rule in
> /etc/udev/rules.d to change permission of a USB device which works on CentOS 5 but is no longer working on CentOS 6. Are there any changes in
> CentOS 6 regarding to the udev rule format?

The rules migrated to /lib/udev/rules.d under C6.

In future, you probably want the main centos users list, it's
centos@centos.org / http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos.
This list is more for people who are working on the various t_funtional
tests, etc.