Old 08-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Leon Fauster

Default SRPMS/Packages almost empty

Hi,

i just wonder not seeing all src rpms for c6?

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/

like for c4 & c5:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-4/4.9/os/SRPMS/
http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5.6/os/SRPMS/

Do i miss something (i was in holidays)?

Thanks
PM

Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Xavier Bachelot

On 08/09/2011 09:34 PM, Leon Fauster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i just wonder not seeing all src rpms for c6?
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/

It seems only the rebranded SRPMs are available, all SRPMs that are
rebuilt unchanged from the upstream vendor are missing. I don't know if
this is on purpose or not.

Regards,
Xavier

Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> On 08/09/2011 09:34 PM, Leon Fauster wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i just wonder not seeing all src rpms for c6?
>>
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/
>>
> It seems only the rebranded SRPMs are available, all SRPMs that are
> rebuilt unchanged from the upstream vendor are missing. I don't know if
> this is on purpose or not.
I think they were supposed to be uploaded once the ISO download and yum
upgrade waves lessen the pressure on the mirrors, and then they were
forgotten due to the 6.1 rebuild effort.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 08-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Charlie Brady

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011, Xavier Bachelot wrote:

> On 08/09/2011 09:34 PM, Leon Fauster wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i just wonder not seeing all src rpms for c6?
> >
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/
> >
> It seems only the rebranded SRPMs are available, all SRPMs that are
> rebuilt unchanged from the upstream vendor are missing. I don't know if
> this is on purpose or not.

Relying on the upstream vendor's distribution of the unmodified SRPMS
isn't sufficient to comply with the GPL. Probably wasn't deliberate, but
if it was, it was a mis-judgement.

---
Charlie

Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 08/10/2011 03:43 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:
> Relying on the upstream vendor's distribution of the unmodified SRPMS
> isn't sufficient to comply with the GPL. Probably wasn't deliberate, but
> if it was, it was a mis-judgement.

That isnt the strategy!

srpms will start showing up in a few hours time, and should be complete
in the next 48 hrs ( onto mirror.c.o - local mirrors might take a bit
more time ). I'll also try and squeeze out the debuginfo's before we
start seeding 6.1 and 5.7

- KB

Old 08-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Leon Fauster

Am 11.08.2011 um 12:58 schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> On 08/10/2011 03:43 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:
>> Relying on the upstream vendor's distribution of the unmodified SRPMS
>> isn't sufficient to comply with the GPL. Probably wasn't deliberate, but
>> if it was, it was a mis-judgement.
>
> That isnt the strategy!
>
> srpms will start showing up in a few hours time, and should be complete in the
> next 48 hrs ( onto mirror.c.o - local mirrors might take a bit more time ).

thank you to clarify.

> I'll also try and squeeze out the debuginfo's before we start seeding 6.1 and 5.7

aside - i am not sure anymore, where the place is to track the current 5.7 progress
(if there is any place right now - i remember that they are plans to open it, right?)

i looked @

https://nazar.karan.org/cgit/
http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/
http://planet.centos.org/

i appreciate any hints

LM

Old 08-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Fred Wittekind

On 8/11/2011 6:58 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

On 08/10/2011 03:43 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:

Relying on the upstream vendor's distribution of the unmodified SRPMS
isn't sufficient to comply with the GPL. Probably wasn't deliberate, but
if it was, it was a mis-judgement.

That isnt the strategy!

srpms will start showing up in a few hours time, and should be complete
in the next 48 hrs ( onto mirror.c.o - local mirrors might take a bit
more time ). I'll also try and squeeze out the debuginfo's before we
start seeding 6.1 and 5.7

- KB

I know your busy, but, any word
on the debuginfo packages?

Fred Wittekind

Old 08-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Karanbir Singh

Hi,

On 08/17/2011 06:14 PM, Fred Wittekind wrote:
> I know your busy, but, any word on the debuginfo packages?

we are changing the entire debuginfo infra around on its head, the
resources we have in place now are clearly not adequate for the amount
of data that needs to be on there.

the plan is to convert one of our machines at OSUOSL into a debug and
vault machine, and setup mirrors from there in the US and EU ( it might
only be 1 machine in each location for now, not many of our machines
have > 1TiB of disk space needed for this content now ).

Thats not much in terms of news, but you know what is going on at this
time. ETA, give it another 4 - 5 days. the configs are all in, puppet
knows what to do, its now just a case of sitting it out waiting for the
data to relocate itself. And then flipping dns

- KB