Old 07-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Chris

Default CentOS Missing Packages (extras->mcrypt)

It looks like in the extras repo for CentOS 6 the following packages
are missing:

libmcrypt.x86_64 : Encryption algorithms library
libmcrypt-devel.x86_64 : Development libraries and headers for libmcrypt
php-mcrypt.x86_64 : Standard PHP module provides mcrypt library support

These packages exist in the extras repo for CentOS 5.6 and are a
critical part of the whole php and mysql interaction.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Chris wrote:
> It looks like in the extras repo for CentOS 6 the following packages
> are missing:
>
> libmcrypt.x86_64 : Encryption algorithms library
> libmcrypt-devel.x86_64 : Development libraries and headers for libmcrypt
> php-mcrypt.x86_64 : Standard PHP module provides mcrypt library support
>
> These packages exist in the extras repo for CentOS 5.6 and are a
> critical part of the whole php and mysql interaction.

You can find all three packages in EPEL repository.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 07-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Chris

Thanks for the tip. That repo does have mcrypt however just after installing it my centos 6 server crashed.** Fail.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 07/22/2011 11:24 PM, Chris wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. That repo does have mcrypt however just after
> installing it my centos 6 server crashed. Fail.

Did you file a bug ?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 PM
"John R. Dennison"

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 04:24:46PM -0400, Chris wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. That repo does have mcrypt however just after installing
> it my centos 6 server crashed. Fail.

Please stop top-posting on the CentOS mailing lists. Please review
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16 for list
guidelines.

Define "server crashed" if you would? There is absolutely no reason
that a userland app / library should cause a server crash. I can see
apache dying, perhaps.

John
--
All I ask is this: Do something. Try something. Speaking out, showing up,
writing a letter, a check, a strongly worded e-mail. Pick a cause -- there

-- Joss Whedon (1964-), writer and film director