Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Jerry Amundson

Default mantis e-mail

Possibly nothing, but I've opened bug #4980 around 40 minutes ago, and
updated it just now, yet received no e-mails from either.

thanks,
jerry

Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Akemi Yagi

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso@gmail.com> wrote:
> Possibly nothing, but I've opened bug #4980 around 40 minutes ago, and
> updated it just now, yet received no e-mails from either.

I don't know if this can be changed but the way it is set up now is
that you do not get email for your own action (submission/update/etc).

I just added a note. You should have received an email notification for that.

Akemi

Old 07-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Jerry Amundson

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Possibly nothing, but I've opened bug #4980 around 40 minutes ago, and
>> updated it just now, yet received no e-mails from either.
>
> I don't know if this can be changed but the way it is set up now is
> that you do not get email for your own action (submission/update/etc).

Ah, I see. That's different from every tracking package I've used, but
whatever. :-(

> I just added a note. You should have received an email notification for that.

Got it, thanks!

Sorry for the noise.
jerry

Old 07-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Gianluca Sforna

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this can be changed but the way it is set up now is
> that you do not get email for your own action (submission/update/etc).

Yeah, it is possible, this configuration parameters controls the feature:
/**
* Whether user's should receive emails for their own actions
* @global int $g_email_receive_own
*/
$g_email_receive_own = OFF;

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu

Old 07-18-2011, 01:46 AM
Akemi Yagi

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Gianluca Sforna <giallu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know if this can be changed but the way it is set up now is
>> that you do not get email for your own action (submission/update/etc).
>
> Yeah, it is possible, this configuration parameters controls the feature:
> /**
> ** Whether user's should receive emails for their own actions
> ** @global int $g_email_receive_own
> **/
> $g_email_receive_own = OFF;
> --
> Gianluca Sforna

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.

Akemi

Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 17.07.11 23:38, schrieb Gianluca Sforna:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Akemi Yagi<amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know if this can be changed but the way it is set up now is
>> that you do not get email for your own action (submission/update/etc).
>
> Yeah, it is possible, this configuration parameters controls the feature:
> /**
> * Whether user's should receive emails for their own actions
> * @global int $g_email_receive_own
> */
> $g_email_receive_own = OFF;

No idea if people expect that (I wouldn't), but we lived with that for
ages now - and to be honest it is the first time I've heard someone
complain about that.

We can change it, but I do not want to change things for people who are
already using the CentOS bug tracker for a longer time (normally I know
what I typed, so I don't really need an acknowleding mail).

Ralph

Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Jerry Amundson

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 17.07.11 23:38, schrieb Gianluca Sforna:
>> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Akemi Yagi<amyagi@gmail.com> *wrote:
>>> I don't know if this can be changed but the way it is set up now is
>>> that you do not get email for your own action (submission/update/etc).
>>
>> Yeah, it is possible, this configuration parameters controls the feature:
>> /**
>> * * Whether user's should receive emails for their own actions
>> * * @global int $g_email_receive_own
>> * */
>> $g_email_receive_own = OFF;
>
> No idea if people expect that (I wouldn't), but we lived with that for
> ages now - and to be honest it is the first time I've heard someone
> complain about that.
>
> We can change it, but I do not want to change things for people who are
> already using the CentOS bug tracker for a longer time (normally I know
> what I typed, so I don't really need an acknowledging mail).

Several e-mail options are available under mantis' Account Preferences.
They are end-user "options" to enable/disable as checked, yet don't
function as presented. That's fine with me, now knowing the status
quo. I'm just thinking future b.c.o users might be similarly confused,
thereby using up more of your valuable time. ;-)

jerry

Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 07/27/2011 05:39 AM, Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Ralph Angenendt
> <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah, it is possible, this configuration parameters controls the feature:
>>> /**
>>> * Whether user's should receive emails for their own actions
>>> * @global int $g_email_receive_own
>>> */
>>> $g_email_receive_own = OFF;
>> No idea if people expect that (I wouldn't), but we lived with that for
>> ages now - and to be honest it is the first time I've heard someone
>> complain about that.
>>
>> We can change it, but I do not want to change things for people who are
>> already using the CentOS bug tracker for a longer time (normally I know
>> what I typed, so I don't really need an acknowledging mail).
> Several e-mail options are available under mantis' Account Preferences.
> They are end-user "options" to enable/disable as checked, yet don't
> function as presented.

I confirm that. I wanted to subscribe to ALL new bugs, I have enabled
the corresponding options in my account but yetI receive mails only for
the bugs I monitor.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:44 AM
R P Herrold

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>>> No idea if people expect that (I wouldn't), but we lived with that for
>>> ages now - and to be honest it is the first time I've heard someone
>>> complain about that.

>>> We can change it, but I do not want to change things for people who are
>>> already using the CentOS bug tracker for a longer time (normally I know
>>> what I typed, so I don't really need an acknowledging mail).
>> Several e-mail options are available under mantis' Account Preferences.
>> They are end-user "options" to enable/disable as checked, yet don't
>> function as presented.
>
> I confirm that. I wanted to subscribe to ALL new bugs, I have enabled
> the corresponding options in my account but yetI receive mails only for
> the bugs I monitor.

I have amended the default settings so the reporter will now
get a confirmation when filing a bug and some other side
changes

Anyone in Developer state should be able to self configure
their account to receive notifications of all new bugs as
well. If you are not, please file a bug against: 'Mantis BT @
CentOS' as to your account (that I will see along with a
couple of other admin rights accounts) and I'll examine.

Fair warning: watching every new bug exposes you to the spam
the tracker gets; it is perhaps better to subscribe to the RSS
feeds, and to 'monitor' bugs of interest

Anyone with an account can 'monitor' an issue, and see all
subsequent changes

I think there is a usage issue in play here, in not 'grokking'
the tool's workflow by and large [except for the now changed
initial report mailer mentioned above]

We get spammers all the time into the tracker ... I see 26 new
ones in the last week, 400 never used accounts, and over 6000
accounts overall. Of those, only 57 are active. I do
occasional 'pruning' of 'never used' accounts, as a person so
pruned, if real, can simply re-sign up, and if USING the
account, will never see the pruning hook

-- Russ herrold