Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Nickos H

Default centos6 postgres static libraries

I think there are missing these files from centos6:

/usr/lib/libpgport.a

/usr/lib64/libpgport.a

--Nikos Hatzopoulos

Old 07-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 07/12/2011 12:01 AM, Nickos H wrote:

I think there are
missing these files from centos6:

/usr/lib/libpgport.a

/usr/lib64/libpgport.a

which packages should provide those files ?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
R P Herrold

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

> On 07/12/2011 12:01 AM, Nickos H wrote:
>> I think there are missing these files from centos6:
>>
>> /usr/lib/libpgport.a
>> /usr/lib64/libpgport.a
>
> which packages should provide those files ?

More to the point for CentOS purposes, what package from
upstream, in its version 6 enterprise product built from
publicly available SRPMs, presently provides such?

That some third party may expect such libraries to be present
that form is an indication that they are not 'keeping up' as
there has been a campaign to extrerminate .a and .la files on
the Fedira front for several yaars now, and this is probably a
collateral casualty to such actions. If such, the venue for
such reports would https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ or the third
party's tracker

-- Russ herrold

Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Nickos H

the
/lib/libpgport.a

changed name to
/lib/libpg.so

I don't care about if it is going to be a static link or a shared link
I saw I library that does exist in centos 5 and does not in centos 6
if this is it we need to change the link method to this library

can anybody validate that this is the correct library before we change the link option
to this library, I am trying to compile gdal for elgis community, we just stuck to that

this is the package
postgresql-devel-8.4.7-1.el6_0.1.x86_64

--Nikos Hatzopoulos

--- Στις Τρίτ., 12/07/11, ο/η R P Herrold <herrold@owlriver.com> *γραψε:

Ημερομηνία: Τρίτη, 12 Ιούλιος 2011, 0:33

Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 07/12/2011 01:41 AM, Nickos H wrote:
> the
> /lib/libpgport.a
>
> changed name to
> /lib/libpg.so
>
> I don't care about if it is going to be a static link or a shared link
> I saw I library that does exist in centos 5 and does not in centos 6

The correct topic to discuss here is "does this particular library exist
in RHEL 6 and does not exist in CentOS 6?". Changes between major
releases , as imposed by RHEL, are not really a topic for this list, as,
as you must know, CentOS tries maintain 100% binary compatibility with
RHEL's binary packages.

> if this is it we need to change the link method to this library
>
> can anybody validate that this is the correct library before we change
> the link option
> to this library, I am trying to compile gdal for elgis community, we
> just stuck to that
>
> this is the package
> postgresql-devel-8.4.7-1.el6_0.1.x86_64

If RHEL decided to change the name of the library/libraries then
probably you should follow their trend and change the configuration
options of whatever software you try to build.
As a sidenote, your initial message mentioned /usr/lib/libpgport.a not
/lib/libpgport.a.
And also, you either make confusions between static and dynamic libs or
you forgot to explain something. As an observation, it is nicer for your
users to use dynamic libs wherever possible.

manuel

Old 07-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Nickos H

i think they removed this library from postgres

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11346

I compiled it without this library and seems to be ok

--Nikos

--- Στις Τρίτ., 12/07/11, ο/η Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> *γραψε:

Από: Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro>
Θ*μα: Re: [CentOS-devel] centos6 postgres static libraries
*ρος: "The CentOS developers mailing list." <centos-devel@centos.org>
Ημερομηνία: Τρίτη, 12 Ιούλιος 2011, 1:50

Old 07-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Nickos H

these packages are missing from centos:

qt-mobility-1.1.3-2.el6.src.rpm
qtwebkit-2.1.1-1.el6.src.rpm

--Nikos Hatzopoulos

--- Στις Τρίτ., 12/07/11, ο/η Nickos H <nickosss02@yahoo.gr> *γραψε:

Από: Nickos H <nickosss02@yahoo.gr>
Θ*μα: Re: [CentOS-devel] centos6 postgres static libraries
*ρος: "The CentOS developers mailing list." <centos-devel@centos.org>
Ημερομηνία: Τρίτη, 12 Ιούλιος 2011, 2:55

Από: Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro>

Old 07-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 07/14/2011 02:46 AM, Nickos H wrote:

these packages are
missing from centos:

qt-mobility-1.1.3-2.el6.src.rpm

qtwebkit-2.1.1-1.el6.src.rpm

Please be as kind as to point us to the link from
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/ where these
packages are available. I cannot see them in any of the 6*
directories.

*** Manuel

Old 07-14-2011, 12:17 AM
R P Herrold

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>> qt-mobility-1.1.3-2.el6.src.rpm
>> qtwebkit-2.1.1-1.el6.src.rpm

> Please be as kind as to point us to the link from
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/ where these packages are
> available. I cannot see them in any of the 6* directories.

my local mirror shows the former in F13, 14, 15, and rawhide,
and the latter only in rawhide, but with different VR's

-- Russ herrold

Old 07-14-2011, 03:37 AM
Scott Dowdle

Greetings,