Old 07-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Jon Stanley

Default Package dependency failure

At least in RHEL6 (haven't tried Fedora yet, but can't imagine its any
different) in text mode, if you have package dependency resolution
issues, the list comes up on the screen in a box that appears to be
scrollable but is not, and more importantly, that text is nowhere to
be found in /tmp. If you have a long list of dependency issues, with
possibly one root cause, playing whack-a-mole on them is
counter-productive.

Any chance we could get this output in some log somewhere?

Old 07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Chris Lumens

> At least in RHEL6 (haven't tried Fedora yet, but can't imagine its any
> different) in text mode, if you have package dependency resolution
> issues, the list comes up on the screen in a box that appears to be
> scrollable but is not, and more importantly, that text is nowhere to
> be found in /tmp. If you have a long list of dependency issues, with
> possibly one root cause, playing whack-a-mole on them is
> counter-productive.
>
> Any chance we could get this output in some log somewhere?

Yeah, that looks like an easy thing to do - should just be a single line
in yuminstall.py:doPostSelection.

- Chris