-   -   Is C6 QA Sign-off going to occur today? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/543740-c6-qa-sign-off-going-occur-today.html)

Fabian Arrotin 06-24-2011 09:52 AM

Is C6 QA Sign-off going to occur today?

On 06/24/2011 11:14 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Today is supposed to be QA Sign-off for CentOS 6.0.
>
> Is this going to happen or are there remaining show-stoppers?

No, today will not be the QA Sign-off ..
I guess Jeff will have to adjust the QA web calendar

Fabian

"Chris Cowley" 06-24-2011 10:01 AM

Is C6 QA Sign-off going to occur today?

Title: Re: [CentOS-devel] Is C6 QA Sign-off going to occur today?

What are the remaining show-stoppers?

Chris Cowley

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 11:52 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> On 06/24/2011 11:14 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> > Hi.

> > Today is supposed to be QA Sign-off for CentOS 6.0.

> > Is this going to happen or are there remaining show-stoppers?

> No, today will not be the QA Sign-off ..

> I guess Jeff will have to adjust the QA web calendar

> Fabian

This email and any attachments are confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, disclosure, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If received in error, please delete this email and any attachments and confirm this to the sender.

Snell Limited, registered number 1160119

Registered in England, registered office at Hartman House, Danehill, Lower Earley, Reading, Berkshire RG6 4PB

Karanbir Singh 06-24-2011 05:20 PM

On 06/24/2011 11:01 AM, Chris Cowley wrote:
> What are the remaining show-stoppers?

I've had issues getting the multilib and manifest-in-time stuff sorted,
working on it today with the aim of getting it done today. Also, there
have been a large number of qa-reported-issues fixed in the last 4 days,
but the QA guys havent seen them as yet. As soon as the multilib stuff
is sorted, I'll have a new build into the qa target.

At this moment in time, I cant see there being any reason why that
should not get finished today.

Also, 6.1/ and 6.1-updates should start building fairly soon ( I am
targeting getting those done for Tuesday 28th ).

- KB

Ljubomir Ljubojevic 06-24-2011 05:51 PM

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Also, 6.1/ and 6.1-updates should start building fairly soon ( I am
> targeting getting those done for Tuesday 28th ).

Is this "will be built until 28th or will start to build on 28th.

And do you have any unofficial estimate how long it would take for those
to bi finished (Are you expecting any longer delays or problematic builds)?

Ljubomir

Karanbir Singh 06-24-2011 06:09 PM

On 06/24/2011 06:51 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > Also, 6.1/ and 6.1-updates should start building fairly soon ( I am
>> targeting getting those done for Tuesday 28th ).
>>
> Is this "will be built until 28th or will start to build on 28th.

aim is to have them built by the 28th, I expect 3 - 5 days for testing (
depending on how much b/w we can get in the QA process ). And then start
looking at the CR process. Quite keen to get and catchup with updates on c6/

> And do you have any unofficial estimate how long it would take for those
> to bi finished (Are you expecting any longer delays or problematic builds)?

They *should* just build, there is a fair bit of automation around the
buildtesting side of things as well, so if there are issues we should
catch them early.

I'm looking into adding another 4 cores to the buildsystem today evening
( taking total capacity to 14 cores ).

- KB

Karanbir Singh 06-24-2011 11:31 PM

Is C6 QA Sign-off going to occur today?

Hi,

> At this moment in time, I cant see there being any reason why that
> should not get finished today.

just finished that piece of work, been a sprint and a half! But its
still Friday somewhere

- KB

Ljubomir Ljubojevic 07-01-2011 03:01 PM

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Hi.
> Today is supposed to be QA Sign-off for CentOS 6.0.
> Is this going to happen or are there remaining show-stoppers?
What is the status of QA process for C6?
Will QA Sign-off happen today?

Ljubomir

Jeff Sheltren 07-01-2011 03:02 PM

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office@plnet.rs> wrote:

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> Hi.

> Today is supposed to be QA Sign-off for CentOS 6.0.

> Is this going to happen or are there remaining show-stoppers?

What is the status of QA process for C6?

Will QA Sign-off happen today?

There's a good chance. *Please continue to watch the QAweb site for updated information.
-Jeff*

Nick Bright 07-01-2011 03:08 PM

Is C6 QA Sign-off going to occur today?

I feel like I should be jumping around with pom-poms cheering for the QA
team :)

Go! Fight! Win!

Seriously though, thanks for all of your hard work on the QA process!

- Nick Bright -
- Vice President of Technology -
- Valnet -=- We Connect You -=- -
- Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789 -
- Web http://www.valnet.net/ -
- Are your files safe? -
- Valnet Vault - Secure Cloud Backup -
- More information & 30 day free trial at -
- http://www.valnet.net/services/valnet-vault -

Ljubomir Ljubojevic 07-01-2011 03:13 PM

Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> There's a good chance. Please continue to watch the QAweb site for
> updated information.
>
> -Jeff

Thanks. This is excellent news.

Just as a reminder. Please do not forget to setup .torrent for C6 ISO's.
There will be a lot of people waiting to download ISO's and .torrent
files can be released into the wild even if mirrors are not populated.

Ljubomir