Old 06-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Athmane Madjoudj

Default Test result for CentOS-6 LiveCD

Hello,

I ran some tests on CentOS-6 LiveCD using Patrice's livecd-creator rpms
and Fedora's one, also I'll be very glad if someone can approve my qaweb
account (username: athmane) so I'll be able to update LiveCD ticket
instead of posting here.

Kickstart:
https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/browser/trunk/CentOS6/rhel6beta-livecd-minimal.ks

Tests 1:

Live CD compose on fedora 15 host : PASSED
ISO size < 700M : PASSED
Booting with the composed ISO : FAILED | unable to mount root fs
Live image installation : N/A
Booting the installed system : N/A
Basic testing (Network, yum etc...): N/A

Tests 2:

Live CD compose on rhel 6.0 host : PASSED
ISO size < 700M : PASSED
Booting with the composed ISO : PASSED
Live image installation : PASSED
Booting the installed system : PASSED
Basic testing (Network, yum etc...): PASSED

--
Athmane Madjoudj

Old 06-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Fabian Arrotin

On 06/18/2011 10:48 PM, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I ran some tests on CentOS-6 LiveCD using Patrice's livecd-creator rpms
> and Fedora's one, also I'll be very glad if someone can approve my qaweb
> account (username: athmane) so I'll be able to update LiveCD ticket
> instead of posting here.

Hi Athmane, just to let you know that the c6 LiveCD and LiveDVD tests
happen at the QA level, and the QA team already reported current results
to the appropriate mailing-list. So it doesn't make any sense to update
LiveCD ticket on the QAweb interface without having access to the proper
ISOs, right ? :-)

> Kickstart:
> https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/browser/trunk/CentOS6/rhel6beta-livecd-minimal.ks

The C6 liveCD, liveDVD kickstarts are not on the projects svn tree
anymore and in another git repo.

Fabian

Old 06-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 06/19/2011 08:32 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> Kickstart:
>> https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/browser/trunk/CentOS6/rhel6beta-livecd-minimal.ks
>>

> The C6 liveCD, liveDVD kickstarts are not on the projects svn tree
> anymore and in another git repo.

I guess they could be put in the svn repo as well. Keep things
consistent till we move the whole lot in one go.

- KB

Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Athmane Madjoudj

On 06/19/2011 11:45 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/19/2011 08:32 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>>> Kickstart:
>>> https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/browser/trunk/CentOS6/rhel6beta-livecd-minimal.ks
>>>

>> The C6 liveCD, liveDVD kickstarts are not on the projects svn tree
>> anymore and in another git repo.
>>

> I guess they could be put in the svn repo as well. Keep things
> consistent till we move the whole lot in one go.

IMHO, the offical repo for livecd-tools and python-imgcreate should be
accessible, I suppose that people want to create their own centos6-based
live media (cd/dvd/usbkey/ etc...).

Regards.
--
Athmane Madjoudj

Old 06-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 06/20/2011 05:29 AM, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
> IMHO, the offical repo for livecd-tools and python-imgcreate should be
> accessible, I suppose that people want to create their own centos6-based
> live media (cd/dvd/usbkey/ etc...).

oh absolutely, at the moment we created a something-to-work-with that
can straddle the firewalls and splits from the internet <->
buildsystems. Even if that setup persists, I dont think its going to be
the only place. We will definitely get the scripts etc into the
projects.c.o instance ( either git or svn or whatever is being used
there in the future )

- KB