Old 06-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Jeff Sheltren

Default million-dollar question....

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 02:18:15PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Thats not going to happen, were still working through a bunch of issues
>> ( 4 at the moment ). Based on how things are looking, I suspect it will
>> be the 16th/17th before the external sync starts off.
>
> Thanks for the update.

Sorry for not updating the calendar sooner - I did so this morning to
reflect the current state of build/QA completion.

-Jeff

Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Kwan Lowe

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Jeff Sheltren <jeff@osuosl.org> wrote:

> Sorry for not updating the calendar sooner - I did so this morning to
> reflect the current state of build/QA completion.

Nice Comes at just the right time for my work as we're *just*
starting RHEL6 testing.

Thank you!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:01 AM
"Yury V. Zaytsev"

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 09:06 -0700, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 02:18:15PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >> Thats not going to happen, were still working through a bunch of issues
> >> ( 4 at the moment ). Based on how things are looking, I suspect it will
> >> be the 16th/17th before the external sync starts off.
> >
> > Thanks for the update.
> >

> Sorry for not updating the calendar sooner - I did so this morning to
> reflect the current state of build/QA completion.

Any updates?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev

Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Dee Holtsclaw

On Friday 17 June 2011 04:01, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 09:06 -0700, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the update.
> >
> > Sorry for not updating the calendar sooner - I did so this morning to
> > reflect the current state of build/QA completion.
>
> Any updates?

Judging from the Atrium postings or, rather, the lack thereof, it appears that
everyone took a week off. Is it really too much to ask for a one-line post
like "still working on it" or "running a couple of days behind" every few
days? Having no communication at all is frustrating.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Tetsuo Handa

People started to wonder who is acting centos6 on twitter.
Is this a reliable account?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:20 AM
Jeff Sheltren

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Dee Holtsclaw <dee@pcds.biz> wrote:
> Judging from the Atrium postings or, rather, the lack thereof, it appears that
> everyone took a week off. Is it really too much to ask for a one-line post
> like "still working on it" or "running a couple of days behind" every few
> days? Having no communication at all is frustrating.

Progress is being made, just slower than we'd all hoped. I apologize
for the lack of communication on my part this past week. I was out on
vacation, and spent some time doing CentOS QA work, but didn't get
around to updating the qaweb site or email list. I added a new post
on qaweb earlier today with an update.

-Jeff

Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 AM
Jeff Sheltren

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Tetsuo Handa
<from-centos@i-love.sakura.ne.jp> wrote:
> People started to wonder who is acting centos6 on twitter.
> Is this a reliable account?

No, that is not an official account for the project. @centos is run
by Karnabir, and as far as I know that's the only official CentOS
twitter account.

-Jeff

Old 06-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Patrice Guay

2011-06-18 00:22, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Tetsuo Handa
> <from-centos@i-love.sakura.ne.jp> wrote:
>> People started to wonder who is acting centos6 on twitter.
>> Is this a reliable account?
>
> No, that is not an official account for the project. @centos is run
> by Karnabir, and as far as I know that's the only official CentOS
> twitter account.

I am the one behind the CentOS6 account. I try to keep people informed
about the CentOS6 release and point them to the QA calendar when there
is an update.

Also, from my past experience, the public release of a CentOS version
comes a few days after the synchronization to external mirrors. That is
why one of the latest tweet approximates the public release date on July
1st 2011.

A lot of followers for this account are from Japan. I guess using
twitter to receive updates about a subject is more common there. I'm
trying to give more exposure to the QA calendar (a great tool for the
community) by following and anticipating it.

--
Patrice

Old 06-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 06/17/2011 11:37 PM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> People started to wonder who is acting centos6 on twitter.
> Is this a reliable account?

A couple of posts on there are plain incorrect. I know Patrice has said
that he's maintaining it, but he's not doing anything in the QA process
and has opted out of doing anything for CentOS-6, so i'll take that with
a pinch of salt.

Please consider qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa to be the -only- authoritative
source of info.

Jeff has posted an update - I hope to get all those issues resolved this
weekend ( may of them already are, but wont get ticked off till QA guys
do their thing ).

Also worth keeping in mind is that a vast majority of 6.0/ updates as
well as 6.1/ and updates from 6.1/ onward are already built ( majority
!= all ).

regards,

- KB

Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Steven Crothers

Well fact is he's doing a better job relaying information then @CentOS, so it's not really fair for you to crucify him on the public milling list. After all this is the "Community" operating system, remember?

A couple of posts on there are plain incorrect. I know Patrice has said

that he's maintaining it, but he's not doing anything in the QA process

and has opted out of doing anything for CentOS-6, so i'll take that with

a pinch of salt.

Please consider qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa to be the -only- authoritative

source of info.

Jeff has posted an update - I hope to get all those issues resolved this

weekend ( may of them already are, but wont get ticked off till QA guys

do their thing ).

Also worth keeping in mind is that a vast majority of 6.0/ updates as

well as 6.1/ and updates from 6.1/ onward are already built ( majority

!= all ).

regards,

- KB
*--