Old 05-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Mike Doroshenko

Default Public QA Testing?

The calendar on the QA site says ISOs will be pushed to QA this
Saturday. Will these ISOs be made public for testing or do I need to
join the QA Team? I have some machines that I can run test installs on.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Steven Crothers

They don't seem to be interested into releasing anything until its
stable, so the chances are slim. The first release we'll see is a
public rc I believe.

steven.crothers@gmail.com

Old 05-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Jeff Sheltren

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Mike Doroshenko <miked@tecknoquest.com> wrote:
> The calendar on the QA site says ISOs will be pushed to QA this
> Saturday. Will these ISOs be made public for testing or do I need to
> join the QA Team? I have some machines that I can run test installs on.

"Pushed to QA" in this case means pushing the packages (and ISOs) to a
set of machines where the current QA team has access to pull them down
via rsync. There have been some recent discussions about adding some
people to the QA team, but I think that is going to wait until after
the 6.0 release. The current QA team will be using
http://qaweb.dev.centos.org for tracking issues and reporting progress
regarding QA. There are currently and will likely be more tasks
listed in the case tracker there which people not on the QA team could
help with (e.g. LiveCD).

-Jeff

Old 05-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Fabian Arrotin

On 05/11/2011 07:05 PM, Steven Crothers wrote:
> They don't seem to be interested into releasing anything until its
> stable, so the chances are slim. The first release we'll see is a
> public rc I believe.

No, there is no plan to have a RC release. The goal is to release
directly a gold image (when done, obviously)

Fabian