Old 05-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Jeff Sheltren

Default QA Testing - QAWeb Community Site

We now have a site up which will be the central location for the QA
efforts on CentOS: http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa

We're starting to use this for the 6.0 release, though I would
consider it to still be in a "testing" phase. We need to figure out
what works well here and what doesn't so that we can improve it for
future releases.

You'll notice as you go to the site that there is a calendar with
target dates for the 6.0 release. I'm not guaranteeing that we'll
make those, but that's what we're aiming for. Also, you'll see a case
tracker which is where we'll track bugs and TODOs. There's one there
currently which could use some attention which is the LiveCD creation.
If you're interested in helping that effort, please read over the
ticket and the linked sites for more info and chime in on the ticket
to help (not this email thread please). Aside from that, there's not
much there at the moment. I'm envisioning that the QA team will use
the Notebook section for reporting on tests done, and the case tracker
for reporting bugs/issues that arise during testing. This is still a
work in progress, so it may be changing as we go along. For starters,
we will be working on adding an RSS feed to the QA group so that
people can easily track activity there without having to visit the
website frequently.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in getting the site up!

-Jeff

Old 05-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Jeff Sheltren

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Jeff Sheltren <jeff@osuosl.org> wrote:
> We now have a site up which will be the central location for the QA
> efforts on CentOS: *http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa

Also, with some help from Steve, I've added an RSS feed to track
recent activity in the QA group:

http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/feed

-Jeff

Old 05-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Jeff Sheltren

Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Blake Hudson

Thanks.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 10.05.11 16:51, schrieb Jeff Sheltren:
> On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Jeff Sheltren <jeff@osuosl.org> wrote:
>> We now have a site up which will be the central location for the QA
>> efforts on CentOS: http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa
>>

> Also, with some help from Steve, I've added an RSS feed to track
> recent activity in the QA group:

Can that be renamed to "CentOS QA Recent Activity?" If people add it to
their feed reader now, it just is called "recent Activity"

Cheers (and thanks),

Ralph

Old 05-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Jeff Sheltren

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can that be renamed to "CentOS QA Recent Activity?" If people add it to
> their feed reader now, it just is called "recent Activity"

Yep, this should be fixed now, thanks for mentioning it.

-Jeff

Old 05-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Ralph Angenendt
> <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can that be renamed to "CentOS QA Recent Activity?" If people add it to
>> their feed reader now, it just is called "recent Activity"
>>

> Yep, this should be fixed now, thanks for mentioning it.

Those that already added it need to rename it manually.

Ljubomir

Old 05-11-2011, 03:23 PM
"Jason Pyeron"

Very nice.

- -
- Jason Pyeron PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant 10 West 24th Street #100 -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333 Baltimore, Maryland 21218 -
- -

Old 05-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Dee Holtsclaw

On Wednesday 11 May 2011 11:17, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> > On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Ralph Angenendt
> >
> > <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Can that be renamed to "CentOS QA Recent Activity?" If people add it to
> >> their feed reader now, it just is called "recent Activity"
> >
> > Yep, this should be fixed now, thanks for mentioning it.
>
> Those that already added it need to rename it manually.

This may not be true for all RSS readers but KNewsTicker picked up the new
name automagically.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Phil Schaffner

Jeff Sheltren wrote on 05/10/2011 10:51 AM:
> Also, with some help from Steve, I've added an RSS feed to track
> recent activity in the QA group:
>
> http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/feed

Unless I'm missing something, there is no obvious way to know of the
existence of this feed. Can a link be added on QAWeb?

Phil