Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 PM
David Hrbáč

Default CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

Dne 6.5.2011 22:24, Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
> We also remove several packages (all the RHN items, for example, since
> CentOS is not allowed to update from RHN, etc.)

Yes, but these packages might be important for Spacewalk deployment. So
I'd prefer to modify these packages and release.
DH

Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 05/06/2011 09:47 PM, David Hrbáč wrote:
> Dne 6.5.2011 22:24, Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
>> We also remove several packages (all the RHN items, for example, since
>> CentOS is not allowed to update from RHN, etc.)
>
> Yes, but these packages might be important for Spacewalk deployment. So
> I'd prefer to modify these packages and release.

The space walk guys seem to prefer not having the code in the distro,
and just use the latest / greatest from the spacewalk repo's; has that
mindset changed in the recent past ? ( since we had the chat on this
list last anyway .. )

- KB