Old 05-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Mike Doroshenko

Default CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

On 05/06/2011 12:49 AM, Bill McGonigle wrote:

target-1) tree's to QA

What does target-1) tree's to QA mean? I know QA stands for Quality Assurance, but tree's to Quality Assurance still doesn't make sense to me.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Ferry Huberts

On 06/02/2011 12:21 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 06/01/2011 06:52 PM, Andrzej SzymaƄski wrote:
>> I don't know whether you use (and can use) the following hack to speed
>> up rsyncing the iso files:
>>
>> - you need to have the full (or mostly complete) package tree on the target
>
> We do some sanity tests that span the buildsys, the intermediary host
> and the final rsync targets. So its important that the first set of
> contents is sync'd out from the buildsys as-is. Perhaps extra caution,
> but we have had problems in the past ( even with rsync saying two files
> are identical when they were clearly not ).

if it's that important: rsync --checksum
it's expensive but will guarantee identity

> On the other hand, the ISOS can be fairly easily re-created from the
> tree, so if the rpms tree are is already in place that would be easier
> than going down the tar route.
>
> - KB

Ferry Huberts

Old 06-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Phil Schaffner

Karanbir Singh wrote on 06/02/2011 06:21 AM:
> On the other hand, the ISOS can be fairly easily re-created from the
> tree, so if the rpms tree are is already in place that would be easier
> than going down the tar route.

Seems that would help a lot with the limited QA upload bandwidth that
apparently delayed the initial unified tree.

Publishing a recipe for doing it would save a lot of people a lot of
time and bandwidth for QA downloads, as well as releases for the
community. The current procedure on the Wiki

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CDtoDVDMedia

fails with a package tree for lack of a .discinfo file. If there is a
simple process for creating one it could be incorporated into the script.

Phil

Old 06-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 06/02/2011 01:15 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> if it's that important: rsync --checksum
> it's expensive but will guarantee identity

it actually does not, the -c option was tried at the time as well. It
turned out to be a bug in rsync itself ( in the 2.6.9 version ); who's
to say there are no more of those!

- KB

Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 06/02/2011 01:49 PM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CDtoDVDMedia
>
> fails with a package tree for lack of a .discinfo file. If there is a
> simple process for creating one it could be incorporated into the script.

i dont know whats on the end of that wiki article, am http less at the
moment - however, even the cd's should have a .discinfo

- KB