Old 05-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Jean-Marc Liger

Default Confusing package versioning

Le 05/05/11 13:22, Karanbir Singh a écrit*:

On 05/05/2011 12:17 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:

The most important thing is RHEL5_X now sligthly differs with RHEL5_Y,
and this may affect compatibility, like with the last mod_nss release.
So I have an interest to immediatly visualise that my foo package,
modified by CentOS, was rebuilt on el5_X rather than el5_Y.

Karanbir,

Let's have a little clarification. I wrote the above paragraph and I
assume it. Dag wrote the (indigo) sentences below and I got them out
of my post because I don't agree. I'm not with or against someone. I
just want to discuss on a devel list, not to troll or give any food
to some flam war.

I know, the CentOS developers are simply ignoring the relevance of this.

by assuming that the _x and _y imply that the code is built on, you
already dont know what you are talking about

Ok, I assume that say that _x and _y having been built on different
instances would have been a more correct assertion, but after saying
that, doesn't the difference between these two instances still
remains.

JML

It seems to be their new credo.

troll

- KB

Old 05-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 05/05/2011 01:02 PM, Jean-Marc Liger wrote:
>> by assuming that the _x and _y imply that the code is built on, you
>> already dont know what you are talking about
>
> Ok, I assume that say that _x and _y having been built on different
> instances would have been a more correct assertion, but after saying
> that, doesn't the difference between these two instances still remains.

that depends on how you define 'instances'

- KB

Old 05-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Jean-Marc Liger

The most important thing is RHEL5_X now sligthly differs with RHEL5_Y,
and this may affect compatibility, like with the last mod_nss release.
So I have an interest to immediatly visualise that my foo package,
modified by CentOS, was rebuilt on el5_X rather than el5_Y.

Karanbir,

Let's have a little clarification. I wrote the above paragraph and
I assume it. Dag wrote the (indigo) sentences below and I got them
out of my post because I don't agree. I'm not with or against
someone. I just want to discuss on a devel list, not to troll or
give any food to some flam war.

I just recieve the first post Dag intended for me and the list got
aslo got... Sorry, part of my last answer was based on some
misunderstood...

Please could we now focus on the technical point of vue ?