Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Jeff Sheltren

Default CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Yury V. Zaytsev <yury@shurup.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 12:12 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
>> Presumably, this means that it is reasonable to expect a longer window than
>> the early optimistic estimates of two weeks after the CentOS 5.6 release.
>
> Is there any update on what's going on the CentOS 6 front?
>
> The last update in the forums have been published on Apr. 14, the last
> tweet was on Apr. 18 and nothing has been posted on the list either. I
> am not following CentOS-Users, but it is reasonable to expect that if
> any official update was posted there for it to be cross-posted here as
> well.

A build and QA plan is being worked out now with the QA team. I
expect that once this is finalized there will be a statement from a
CentOS dev with more details.

-Jeff

Old 05-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Thomas Göttgens

Hi David,

all the neccessary packages are in the spacewalk-client repo anyway.
Plus as of Spacewalk 1.4 they can be provisioned from the server quite easily.
Why duplicate work? These are not really needed for a standalone
CentOS.

am Freitag, 6. Mai 2011 um 22:47 schrieben Sie:

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Göttgens

Old 05-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Fabian Arrotin

On 05/30/2011 02:55 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Did the ISO's make it to Q&A on May 27 as scheduled on the calendar?

No and the current tree isn't complete either

Fabian

Old 05-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 30 May 2011 15:09, Patrice Guay <patrice.guay@nanotechnologies.qc.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 9:29 am, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

>>> No and the current tree isn't complete either

>> Thanks for the update!

> Would it be possible to update the QAWeb calendar accordingly?

Jeff ?? Where are you ?

Alan.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 30 May 2011 18:35, John R. Dennison <jrd@gerdesas.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 06:30:16PM +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>> Jeff ?? *Where are you ?
>
> You're aware that today is a US federal holiday?

Bah! Humbug!

The CentOS Project is not US of A-centric. :P

FYI, today is a UK Bank Holiday!

Alan.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Jeff Sheltren

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> On 30 May 2011 18:35, John R. Dennison <jrd@gerdesas.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 06:30:16PM +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>>> Jeff ?? *Where are you ?
>>
>> You're aware that today is a US federal holiday?
>
> Bah! Humbug!

I'm around, but enjoying time away from the computer today. There is
some progress being made on QA -- will update the calendar
accordingly.

-Jeff

Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 05/30/2011 01:55 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Did the ISO's make it to Q&A on May 27 as scheduled on the calendar?

the isos are uploading at the moment, will try and put some of this
stuff into a blog post on the qaweb interface

- KB

Old 06-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Jeff Sheltren

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
>> Did the ISO's make it to Q&A on May 27 as scheduled on the calendar?
>>
> the isos are uploading at the moment, will try and put some of this
> stuff into a blog post on the qaweb interface

I posted an update here:
http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/node/82

Will get the calendar updated soon.

-Jeff

Old 06-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Shawn Thompson

If you want to be symbolic, I highly recommend you release this next
Friday. Since I can already see everyone comparing this to be the
Linux equivalent to Duke Nukem Forever, releasing it on the same day
would be a suiting irony.

~Shawn