-   -   updateinfo.xml (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/518606-updateinfo-xml.html)

Baptiste AGASSE 04-26-2011 01:17 PM

updateinfo.xml

Hi all,

It could be useful to make "yum updates --security" work, and now, spacewalk (since 1.4) can generate erratas from this file.

Thanks for yours answers.

Regards.

Karanbir Singh 04-26-2011 01:23 PM

updateinfo.xml

On 04/26/2011 02:17 PM, Baptiste AGASSE wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It could be useful to make "yum updates --security" work, and now, spacewalk (since 1.4) can generate erratas from this file.

Absolutely

Would you like to sit and type all that stuff up ?

- KB

Baptiste AGASSE 04-26-2011 01:44 PM

updateinfo.xml

Oups,sorry, i've forgot the first part of my email when i've checked the spell:

---
Hi all,

Why CentOS project don't provide updateinfo.xml file in his repos ?

It could be useful to make "yum updates --security" work, and now, spacewalk (since 1.4) can generate erratas from this file.

Thanks for yours answers.

Regards.
---

If you want some help to get it running, i can take a look at it :)

Regards.

Karanbir Singh 05-04-2011 01:57 PM

updateinfo.xml

On 04/26/2011 02:44 PM, Baptiste AGASSE wrote:
> Why CentOS project don't provide updateinfo.xml file in his repos ?
>
> It could be useful to make "yum updates --security" work, and now, spacewalk (since 1.4) can generate erratas from this file.

It would be very useful, yes. the problem is - where does that
information come from ? And what are the Terms of use for this source
and how we reimplement something of this nature without violating the
Terms and AUP's etc.

A couple of efforts have been made to work around this issue - one of
which is ongoing ( I cant provide too many details at this time ). But
if Red Hat were to stop changing their AUP's it would help!

- KB