Old 04-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Matthew Miller

Default CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

<https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25878&forum=53>

My current understanding is that the ongoing build of CentOS 6.0 is still
running in minimal mode. I expect it to pick up speed once all the current
CentOS 5.6 updates have been built and pushed to the update queue.

I will be discussing the 6.0 build status with Karanbir in the next few
days and hopefully will have something a little less tenuous to report
early-ish next week.

I think it is fair to say that as CentOS 6.0 is a new entry into the
product line, it may spend somewhat more time in QA whilst the critical
eyes give it close scrutiny.

--
Alan

Presumably, this means that it is reasonable to expect a longer window than
the early optimistic estimates of two weeks after the CentOS 5.6 release.

--
Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org <http://mattdm.org/>

Old 04-26-2011, 03:20 PM
"Yury V. Zaytsev"

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 12:12 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Presumably, this means that it is reasonable to expect a longer window than
> the early optimistic estimates of two weeks after the CentOS 5.6 release.

Is there any update on what's going on the CentOS 6 front?

The last update in the forums have been published on Apr. 14, the last
tweet was on Apr. 18 and nothing has been posted on the list either. I
am not following CentOS-Users, but it is reasonable to expect that if
any official update was posted there for it to be cross-posted here as
well.

Thanks!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev

Old 05-07-2011, 03:35 PM
R P Herrold

On Fri, 6 May 2011, David Hrbáč wrote:

> Dne 6.5.2011 22:24, Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
>> We also remove several packages (all the RHN items, for example, since
>> CentOS is not allowed to update from RHN, etc.)

> Yes, but these packages might be important for Spacewalk deployment. So
> I'd prefer to modify these packages and release.

Thinking out loud here ...

The question then becomes: how to test these? We'll need a
'cookbook' or automated process for setting up the needed test
harness infrastructure, and then the functional tests, if
these parts were to be retained ...

By and large, the only non-end-user posters 'in quantity' on
the spacewalk mailing lists seem to be @redhat folks, and so
the utility of such an effort is not clear

-- Russ herrold

Old 05-30-2011, 12:55 PM
"Yury V. Zaytsev"

Hi!

Did the ISO's make it to Q&A on May 27 as scheduled on the calendar?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev

Old 05-30-2011, 01:29 PM
"Yury V. Zaytsev"

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 15:27 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 05/30/2011 02:55 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Did the ISO's make it to Q&A on May 27 as scheduled on the calendar?
> >

> No and the current tree isn't complete either

Thanks for the update!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev

Old 05-30-2011, 02:09 PM
"Patrice Guay"

On Mon, May 30, 2011 9:29 am, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 15:27 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> On 05/30/2011 02:55 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Did the ISO's make it to Q&A on May 27 as scheduled on the calendar?
>> >

>> No and the current tree isn't complete either
>
> Thanks for the update!

Would it be possible to update the QAWeb calendar accordingly?

--
Patrice Guay
patrice.guay@nanotechnologies.qc.ca

Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
"John R. Dennison"

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 06:30:16PM +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> Jeff ?? Where are you ?

You're aware that today is a US federal holiday?

John

--
There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it
is I'll get married again.

-- Clint Eastwood