Old 04-13-2011, 05:38 AM
Athmane Madjoudj

Default Test-scripts for Dovecot POP3/IMAP

Hello,

I've attached two test-script for testing IMAP and POP3 services
provided by Dovecot (default IMAP/POP3 server in CentOS/RHEL).

Best regards.

--
Athmane Madjoudj
RHCE

Old 04-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Fabian Arrotin

On 04/13/2011 07:38 AM, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've attached two test-script for testing IMAP and POP3 services
> provided by Dovecot (default IMAP/POP3 server in CentOS/RHEL).
>
> Best regards.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your submissions, i'll integrate them in the scripts
repository.
One simple remark : we launch the tests on a minimal setup (from a
minimal ks) so the first thing to do in the script itself is to install
the required package, verify that it installs correctly and then test
the feature that you want to test.

I'm working on redesign quickly something that can be used for the 6.0
tests (now that 5.6 is out of the door)

Fabian

Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 13.4.2011 8:39, Fabian Arrotin napsal(a):
> Hi,
> Thanks a lot for your submissions, i'll integrate them in the scripts
> repository.

Fabian,
Would you mind opening the process slightly? I mean it'd be helpful
having the test list to avoid people doing the same thing. Also it would
really help to codify the return values, etc.

> One simple remark : we launch the tests on a minimal setup (from a
> minimal ks) so the first thing to do in the script itself is to install
> the required package, verify that it installs correctly and then test
> the feature that you want to test.

This is something that should be written on Wiki page, so that people know:
- what are the current scripts
- expected return values
- testing environment and requirements
- etc.

> I'm working on redesign quickly something that can be used for the 6.0
> tests (now that 5.6 is out of the door)
>
> Fabian
Thanks,
DH

Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Mister IT Guru

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 08:39 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 04/13/2011 07:38 AM, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've attached two test-script for testing IMAP and POP3 services
> > provided by Dovecot (default IMAP/POP3 server in CentOS/RHEL).
> >
> > Best regards.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for your submissions, i'll integrate them in the scripts
> repository.

Sorry for jumping into this thread. I'm making it my personal mission to
learn as much as I can about CentOS. Please excuse this noob question...
What is the purpose of these scripts?

> One simple remark : we launch the tests on a minimal setup (from a
> minimal ks) so the first thing to do in the script itself is to install
> the required package, verify that it installs correctly and then test
> the feature that you want to test.

The above only further deepens the mystery for me! I want to learn!

> I'm working on redesign quickly something that can be used for the 6.0
> tests (now that 5.6 is out of the door)

Tell me more of these tests!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Athmane Madjoudj

On 04/13/2011 07:39 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 04/13/2011 07:38 AM, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for your submissions, i'll integrate them in the scripts
> repository.
> One simple remark : we launch the tests on a minimal setup (from a
> minimal ks) so the first thing to do in the script itself is to install
> the required package, verify that it installs correctly and then test
> the feature that you want to test.
>
> I'm working on redesign quickly something that can be used for the 6.0
> tests (now that 5.6 is out of the door)

Currently, I'm using an small install script, before running the
test-script, this will remove some redundancy in test-scripts for the
same service example:

0_install_dovecot.sh

#!/bin/sh
yum -y install dovecot