Old 04-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Alan Bartlett

Default Brief status update, please?

On 4 April 2011 15:06, Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:

> Okay, whew. I agree that the list could certainly _use_ that clarification
> recently.

ACK.

Alan.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 04/04/2011 02:52 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> re: 6, I'm still saying 2 - 3 weeks from 5.6 Announcement. In more
>> tangible terms : short of 60 pkgs, 6.0 is all done. But keep in mind
>> this is the distro 'tree', much fun to be had after that with anaconda,
>> mirror setups, yum policies etc. ( so if anyone has kickstarts, test
>> scripts : specially for acceptance and integration; do share ).
>
> Are plans in place for 6.1?

Yes and No

CentOS-6 is going to be the first distro we build and release with end
to end automation. However, there are a few critical issues that we need
to solve fairly soon. How well we can do 6.1 will depend on those issues.

By the end of this week, I'll get these things written up and posted to
the list. Lets try, once again, and see if there can be some
constructive conversations.

- KB

Old 04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Matthew Miller

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 03:18:42PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> CentOS-6 is going to be the first distro we build and release with end
> to end automation. However, there are a few critical issues that we need
> to solve fairly soon. How well we can do 6.1 will depend on those issues.
>
> By the end of this week, I'll get these things written up and posted to
> the list. Lets try, once again, and see if there can be some
> constructive conversations.

Awesome. Thanks again.

--
Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org <http://mattdm.org/>