Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default polite request

hi Guys,

This list is the centos-devel list, there are other lists like this
list. But *this* list is the list dedicated to development of CentOS.
Which means its not a list to talk about generic technical stuff that
does not directly have a relation to centos development, its also not a
list to discuss development issues with code and process that isnt
centos itself. Its not a place to announce stuff, its also not a place
to have social and 'in the old days...' or 'when i was young..' or
politics ( around open source, generic software, technology or otherwise ).

Recently lots of fluff being posted here is just noise and really not
appropriate for this list. The end result is that most of the people
doing development work on CentOS are not reading this list anymore since
its all irrelevant and offtopic noise.

Its not a good situation to be in, so a polite request from my side -
take it elsewhere. Lets try and maintain topic sanity here on this list
so we don't need to all go back to using private, focused and productive
lists;

Thanks

- KB

Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 AM
Stephen Cox

+1

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> hi Guys,
>
> This list is the centos-devel list, there are other lists like this
> list. But *this* list is the list dedicated to development of CentOS.
> Which means its not a list to talk about generic technical stuff that
> does not directly have a relation to centos development, its also not a
> list to discuss development issues with code and process that isnt
> centos itself. Its not a place to announce stuff, its also not a place
> to have social and 'in the old days...' or 'when i was young..' or
> politics ( around open source, generic software, technology or otherwise ).
>
> Recently lots of fluff being posted here is just noise and really not
> appropriate for this list. The end result is that most of the people
> doing development work on CentOS are not reading this list anymore since
> its all irrelevant and offtopic noise.
>
> Its not a good situation to be in, so a polite request from my side -
> take it elsewhere. Lets try and maintain topic sanity here on this list
> so we don't need to all go back to using private, focused and productive
> lists;
>
> Thanks
>
> - KB

Stephen Cox

Old 03-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Butch Whitby

hi Guys,

> This list is the centos-devel list, there are other lists like this
> list. But *this* list is the list dedicated to development of CentOS.
> Which means its not a list to talk about generic technical stuff that
> does not directly have a relation to centos development, its also not a
> list to discuss development issues with code and process that isnt
> centos itself. Its not a place to announce stuff, its also not a place
> to have social and 'in the old days...' or 'when i was young..' or
> politics ( around open source, generic software, technology or otherwise ).
>
> Recently lots of fluff being posted here is just noise and really not
> appropriate for this list. The end result is that most of the people
> doing development work on CentOS are not reading this list anymore since
> its all irrelevant and offtopic noise.
>
> Its not a good situation to be in, so a polite request from my side -
> take it elsewhere. Lets try and maintain topic sanity here on this list
> so we don't need to all go back to using private, focused and productive
> lists;
>
> Thanks
>
> - KB

I agree.* I've been watching this list for updates on whats
happening with the status of 5.6 and 6.0.* About all I do at this
point is scan over the digest to see if there is anything that ISN"T
completely irrelevant to the intent of the list.*

Please take all non CentOS dev conversations elsewhere, and let
those that are dev's concentrate on getting the work done rather
than addressing unrelated fluff as KB has done here.* Their dev's
not gossip columnists.*

FWIW, yes I do consider my message unrelated, even though it's in
support of the original intention of this list.

--
Butch