Old 02-23-2011, 03:23 AM
Antaryami Khuda

Default Motion to moderate this mailing list.

To all,

I would like to file a motion to get admins of this list to set the list to moderated until the centos prjoect releases something tangible to appease the trolls.

What do you say karambir?* Put ralph in change of post moderation?* Jonnhy is obviously busy making packages.* Have you others to help?* I'm not aware.

Your Welcome:

Ant.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 02/23/2011 06:23 AM, Antaryami Khuda wrote:
> To all,
>
> I would like to file a motion to get admins of this list to set the
> list to moderated until the centos prjoect releases something tangible
> to appease the trolls.
>
> What do you say karambir? Put ralph in change of post moderation?
> Jonnhy is obviously busy making packages. Have you others to help?
> I'm not aware.
Or simpler, ban the idiot. I volunteer to ban any and all other mail
addresses he might subscribe with. As moderator of a few MLs with more
usual traffic than this list gets, I bet I have more patience to
perform the unsubscribing than anyone might have to subscribe with
different addresses.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Nick Bright

On 2/22/2011 10:23 PM, Antaryami Khuda wrote:
> To all,
>
> I would like to file a motion to get admins of this list to set the list
> to moderated until the centos prjoect releases something tangible to
> appease the trolls.

Putting the list in moderation mode would not well serve the perceptions
of this project by the general user base.

This is my personal viewpoint as a lurker, non-developer, and end user.

- Nick

Old 02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Nick Bright

On 2/22/2011 10:49 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 02/23/2011 06:23 AM, Antaryami Khuda wrote:
>> To all,
>>
>> I would like to file a motion to get admins of this list to set the
>> list to moderated until the centos prjoect releases something tangible
>> to appease the trolls.
>>
>> What do you say karambir? Put ralph in change of post moderation?
>> Jonnhy is obviously busy making packages. Have you others to help?
>> I'm not aware.
> Or simpler, ban the idiot. I volunteer to ban any and all other mail
> addresses he might subscribe with. As moderator of a few MLs with more
> usual traffic than this list gets, I bet I have more patience to
> perform the unsubscribing than anyone might have to subscribe with
> different addresses.

Opinions are like A%#holes: everybody has one, and it probably smells
funny. If you don't like what Larry has to say, delete his emails and
don't reply.

<Lurk/>

- Nick

Old 02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
James Hogarth

> Opinions are like A%#holes: everybody has one, and it probably smells
> funny. If you don't like what Larry has to say, delete his emails and
> don't reply.
>
> <Lurk/>

Everyone has one it's true and here is mine...

He can drivel on the main centos list and people can filter him there.

This list has a basis that it should be obvious by now he cannot assist with.

For the past few days there has been much noise here and almost no signal.

As much as I'm sure Ralph, Johnny, Karanbir and others don't really
have the time (or probably the desire) to moderate if there was the
ability to do so sensibly it would be warmly welcomed here...

James

Old 02-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 23.02.11 18:32, schrieb Nick Bright:

> Putting the list in moderation mode would not well serve the perceptions
> of this project by the general user base.
>
> This is my personal viewpoint as a lurker, non-developer, and end user.

Same here. Even if I had the time to do moderation in a timely fashion,
I won't do it.

As to Larry: If he is going to cost subscribers to this mailing list who
have been contributors for a long time, I'm not of your opinion.

Ralph