Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 AM
YANG

Default netlink_kernel_create() always returns NULL

My code fragment is below:

"nl_sk = netlink_kernel_create(16, 0, nl_data_ready, THIS_MODULE);"*

It can be "make" and "insmod" correctly. But error mesage is printed into log. It indicates the netlink_kernel_create() returns NULL.

Once I change the firt parameter to another(<32 && >16), system crash when I execute insmod.

Is the protocol ID occupied? Why can't use another and how to define a new ID? I have tried to update net_link.h but fail also.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Kenni Lund

2011/2/22 YANG <youngyt@gmail.com>:
> My code fragment is below:
>
> "nl_sk = netlink_kernel_create(16, 0, nl_data_ready, THIS_MODULE);"
>
> It can be "make" and "insmod" correctly. But error mesage is printed into
> log. It indicates the netlink_kernel_create() returns NULL.
>
> Once I change the firt parameter to another(<32 && >16), system crash when I
> execute insmod.
>
> Is the protocol ID occupied? Why can't use another and how to define a new
> ID? I have tried to update net_link.h but fail also.

What does this have to do with the development of CentOS? If it's not
related to the development of CentOS, then please use other mailing
lists for such queries.

Best regards
Kenni