FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Thomas Bendler
 
Default CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

2011/2/19 Larry Vaden <vaden@texoma.net>:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Greg Bailey <gbailey@lxpro.com> wrote:
>> OK, this morning's programming project is a python script to
>> automatically generate your list. *I get:
> Congratulations!
> Now that you are at the head of the class, may we see your python script?

You never attend a team lead course, did you? A simple, please share
your Python script is much more conducive compared to that ridiculous
answer you've wrote.

Kind regards, Thomas
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Larry Vaden
 
Default CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Thomas Bendler <ml@bendler-net.de> wrote:
> You never attend a team lead course, did you? A simple, please share
> your Python script is much more conducive compared to that ridiculous
> answer you've wrote.

Sometimes, the sincerity of the reader needs to match the sincerity of
the writer in order for the sincerity to get across.

I sincerely meant "Congratulations!"

I was impressed --- I would have had to go through Seth's and Jeff's
and no telling how many other contributors' code to find out how to
parse the rpm name.

This guy had the native skills to produce it in a timely fashion.
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Leonard den Ottolander
 
Default CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

Hi Greg,

On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 09:23 -0700, Greg Bailey wrote:
> OK, this morning's programming project is a python script to
> automatically generate your list. I get:

I hadn't spotted that you already solved this in python. With some shell
scripting I come to essentially the same result. (My hit on zsh is a
last iteration bug

I have one addition: comps-4WS-0.20110202. Not sure what to make of
anaconda-product-4-2WS.

> initscripts-7.93.35-1.el4_8.src.rpm
> kdelibs-3.3.1-17.el4_8.1.src.rpm
> pidgin-2.6.6-5.el4_8.src.rpm
> seamonkey-1.0.9-66.el4_8.src.rpm
> squirrelmail-1.4.8-5.el4_8.8.src.rpm

I think these are false positives.

> indexhtml-4.1-1.src.rpm

Rather distro dependent but it might need updating as well.

Everything else on our lists matches afaict.

Regards,
Leonard.

--
mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research


_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 02-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Johnny Hughes
 
Default CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

On 02/22/2011 07:23 PM, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 09:23 -0700, Greg Bailey wrote:
>> OK, this morning's programming project is a python script to
>> automatically generate your list. I get:
>
> I hadn't spotted that you already solved this in python. With some shell
> scripting I come to essentially the same result. (My hit on zsh is a
> last iteration bug
>
> I have one addition: comps-4WS-0.20110202. Not sure what to make of
> anaconda-product-4-2WS.
>
>> initscripts-7.93.35-1.el4_8.src.rpm
>> kdelibs-3.3.1-17.el4_8.1.src.rpm
>> pidgin-2.6.6-5.el4_8.src.rpm
>> seamonkey-1.0.9-66.el4_8.src.rpm
>> squirrelmail-1.4.8-5.el4_8.8.src.rpm
>
> I think these are false positives.
>
>> indexhtml-4.1-1.src.rpm
>
> Rather distro dependent but it might need updating as well.
>
> Everything else on our lists matches afaict.
>
> Regards,
> Leonard.
>

Thanks guys.

The comps files are created at distro spin and will not be updated as we
will not be re-spinning the distro or ISOs. comps is also used in a
different way by RHN, which is why upstream rebuilt it.

The anaconda product RPM is also not one that we need to do as upstream
has WS, ES, AS, etc versions that they charge different $$$ amount for.
All of the others are subsets of AS, which is what our SRPM
anaconda-product-4.0-2.centos4.src.rpm is based on. That contains all
upstream el4 packages.

You guys are also correct that the .dist tag (.el4, .el4_x, etc.) is not
necessarily critical. Sometimes within a release of a product, upstream
will work on a new version of a package that will be part of the next
"point release" and also will issue fixes to the package before the
point release by using a different dist tag. So,
abc-1.0.0-1.el4.i386.src.rpm will get an update to
abc-1.0.0-2.el4.i386.src.rpm for a 4.9 release (as an example). If,
while they are testing abc-1.0.0-2, they need to release a bug fix to
abc-1.0.0-1 then they will change the dist tag to el4_8 and add a .1
after the tag. So it would become abc-1.0.0-1.el4_8.1.src.rpm ... this
is because they already have a 1.0.0-2 somewhere in the release system.
We try to be consistent with the dist tags, but sometimes they slip
through with a different version. This in no way impacts the code or
the binary compatibility of the RPM.

As far as the rest of the SRPMS are concerned, I need to look at both
those lists one by one, but most (if not all) of those SRPMS are from
arches other than i386 and x86_64, so will not be on my list of packages
to build. I will post info about each one separately in another mail.

Thanks for taking the time to help me verify the 4.9 release.

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 02-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Leonard den Ottolander
 
Default CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

Hello Johnny,

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 05:39 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> As far as the rest of the SRPMS are concerned, I need to look at both
> those lists one by one, but most (if not all) of those SRPMS are from
> arches other than i386 and x86_64, so will not be on my list of packages
> to build. I will post info about each one separately in another mail.

No need to go over two lists. With the exceptions I made in my previous
mail I can say that Greg's list is identical to mine. So just use his
list minus the 5 false positives as a reference.

Regards,
Leonard.

--
mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research


_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:55 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org