Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Brandon Davidson

Default CentOS 5.1 for ppc / ppc64

Range on #centos was nice enough to point me at a message from a few
weeks ago which mentioned that PPC/IA64 support is/was going to be
announced at Fosdem 08 at the end of the month.

I work for a group that has a number of PPC64 machines
(JS20/p690/p655/p615) that I would like to get off RHEL 4 and on to
CentOS 5, so I've been keeping an eye out for any news on this front.

I am interested in helping test/build this release in whatever ways I
can. I would be glad to test on whatever machines the developers might
find useful, and could designate one or more of our JS20 blades as build
hosts if there's need for such a thing.

Who should I be talking to about contributing, and how can I best get a
hold of them?

Thanks,

--
Brandon Davidson