Old 12-09-2010, 12:47 AM
James Stull

Default Rebranding Help

Greetings, a couple weeks ago I sent an email to Ralph and he pointed me to the dev list.

Long story short, I would like to help with the Centos 6 release any way I can and was told that you are currently working on rebranding. And that this is the process I needed to follow:
http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/6/Round1

I've been reading through the wiki on how to get started but honestly I don't know where to start and I'm asking for some direction. Is their a dev repo where I can download the current version of "Centos 6" or do I simply download RHEL 6 and look through the bug list and try to find more packages/man pages/etc that need to be rebranded??

Some direction would be great. If I can help out in any way please let me know. If their are any documents/processes I need to review please let me know.
I don't have any programming*experience*but I can do some minor scripting. I'm*familiar*with Red Hat/Fedora/Centos and currently Admin a handful of boxes.

Thanks for the help and direction.
--James

Old 12-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 12/09/2010 03:47 AM, James Stull wrote:
> Greetings, a couple weeks ago I sent an email to Ralph and he pointed
> me to the dev list.
>
> Long story short, I would like to help with the Centos 6 release any
> way I can and was told that you are currently working on rebranding.
> And that this is the process I needed to follow:
> http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/6/Round1
actually a better pointer is http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/6/AuditStatus
which is a list generated automatically from the bugs already filed in
http://bugs.centos.org

> I've been reading through the wiki on how to get started but honestly
> I don't know where to start and I'm asking for some direction. Is
> their a dev repo where I can download the current version of "Centos 6"
no

> or do I simply download RHEL 6 and look through the bug list and try
> to find more packages/man pages/etc that need to be rebranded??
exactly.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:54 AM
James Stull

Thanks Manuel.
Should I start in a certain*directory*or ?
--James

Old 12-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 12/09/2010 04:54 AM, James Stull wrote:
> Thanks Manuel.
>
> Should I start in a certain directory or ?

Whatever you feel comfortable with. It is after all a best-effort approach.

manuel

Old 12-09-2010, 02:08 AM
James Stull

OK.