Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Filip Bartmann

Default CentOS - rawhide

Why there is no CentOS rawhide repo such in Fedora?

Thanks,
Filip Bartmann

Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Fabian Arrotin

Filip Bartmann wrote:
> Why there is no CentOS rawhide repo such in Fedora?

If you ask for a Rawhide repo for CentOS, that means you don't clearly
understand what CentOS is ...
CentOS just rebuilds the (stable) RHEL SRPMS. Red Hat doesn't have a
Rawhide repository, as most of the RHEL packages are coming from Fedora,
which itself has a Rawhide repository that contains most of the packages
for the next Fedora distro ...
I hope you now get the point

Fabian Arrotin

Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Filip Bartmann

I mean such repo as with current state of rebuilds RPMS for CentOS 6 from RHEL 6. Why is this packages secret?

Thanks,

Filip Bartman

Old 12-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 06.12.10 12:13, schrieb Filip Bartmann:
> I mean such repo as with current state of rebuilds RPMS for CentOS 6
> from RHEL 6. Why is this packages secret?

Because CentOS 6 is still in the making and not yet finished.

Ralph

Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 AM
"Filip Bartmann"

What is this incomplete RPMS private and not public as "rawhide" or
"inprogress" repo?

Thanks,
Filip Bartmann

Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Jean-Marc Liger

The aim of Rawhide is to regularly provide snapshots of Fedora devel
status. Instead of that, the aim of CentOS has always been to
provide a fully functionnal RHEL clone. So I don't understand why do
you want to see an incomplete RPMS "inprogress" repo. When I am at
the restaurant, I don't need to go in the kitchen rooms to see how
advance the cooking of my order.

*

Old 12-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Jerry Amundson

Please stop top-posting.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Jean-Marc Liger
<jmliger@siris.sorbonne.fr> wrote:
> The aim of Rawhide is to regularly provide snapshots of Fedora devel status.
> Instead of that, the aim of CentOS has always been to provide a fully
> functionnal RHEL clone. So I don't understand why do you want to see an
> incomplete RPMS "inprogress" repo. When I am at the restaurant, I don't need
> to go in the kitchen rooms to see how advance the cooking of my order.

"Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated." [1]

Rawhide is a *complete* repo, and so is CentOS. By definition, you
cannot (or should not) be able to access *any* repo that is
"incomplete". Like CentOS, Rawhide is also "inprogress", but just for
a much shorter amount of time. :-)

When you need a "fast-food" distro, use Rawhide, not CentOS.

jerry

[1] http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/37.htm (I was about one and a
half years old when it aired, so I'm sure I recall that from re-runs
viewed recently.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 07.12.10 12:30, schrieb Filip Bartmann:
> What is this incomplete RPMS private and not public as "rawhide" or
> "inprogress" repo?

Because getting CentOS built is not the problem, the problem is
identifying things we need to change before going public with it.
There's at least one large thread in this list about finding trademarked
things.

Ralph