Old 11-18-2010, 07:31 AM
JohnS

Default CentOS 6 Mirror System Layout

Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?

[Base]
name=os
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/

John

Old 11-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 11/18/2010 08:31 AM, JohnS wrote:
> Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
> CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?
>
> [Base]
> name=os
> mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os
> #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/

no. the repo layout isnt in place or even been discussed at this point,
were still working on that. There will almost certainly be a split away
from the traditional [os,base]/updates style

- KB

Old 11-19-2010, 01:07 PM
JohnS

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 17:08 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/18/2010 08:31 AM, JohnS wrote:
> > Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
> > CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?
> >
> > [Base]
> > name=os
> > mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os
> > #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/
>
> no. the repo layout isnt in place or even been discussed at this point,
> were still working on that. There will almost certainly be a split away
> from the traditional [os,base]/updates style

Ok I am asking because I want/need to patch my version of mock
(mock-0.6.13-1.el5.em2_2.3.x86_64) for CentOS 5. Right now that's the
hold back for building CentOS 6 rpms under el5 build hosts.

Can you announce it here on this thread when it is decided?

John

Old 11-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 11/19/2010 02:07 PM, JohnS wrote:
>>> Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
>>> CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?
>>>
>> no. the repo layout isnt in place or even been discussed at this point,
>> were still working on that. There will almost certainly be a split away
>> from the traditional [os,base]/updates style
>
> Ok I am asking because I want/need to patch my version of mock
> (mock-0.6.13-1.el5.em2_2.3.x86_64) for CentOS 5. Right now that's the
> hold back for building CentOS 6 rpms under el5 build hosts.

The buildhosts at this end use a very different repo layout, so dont
worry about that on the build side of things.

> Can you announce it here on this thread when it is decided?

The final repo layout for 6 ? Sure, I think the conversation to decide
how and why we do what we do should also take place here in this list.

- KB

Old 11-19-2010, 01:33 PM
JohnS

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 14:21 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> >> no. the repo layout isnt in place or even been discussed at this point,
> >> were still working on that. There will almost certainly be a split away
> >> from the traditional [os,base]/updates style
> >
> > Ok I am asking because I want/need to patch my version of mock
> > (mock-0.6.13-1.el5.em2_2.3.x86_64) for CentOS 5. Right now that's the
> > hold back for building CentOS 6 rpms under el5 build hosts.
>
> The buildhosts at this end use a very different repo layout, so dont
> worry about that on the build side of things.

Yes that I would expect. Mine does also. I would just like to kill all
with one stone and get the default layout for the mirror system also in
there. Like now I have:

> > Can you announce it here on this thread when it is decided?
>
> The final repo layout for 6 ? Sure, I think the conversation to decide
> how and why we do what we do should also take place here in this list.

Yes nice and thanks.

John