Old 11-25-2007, 05:27 AM
John Summerfield

Default content / role overlap for the -docs and potential translators lists

Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez wrote:

Karanbir Singh wrote:

hi guys,

Just wondering what people think about creating another list for
centos-translators and regularly requesting membership there from other
sources ( like posting something on the wiki / website / other lists etc
) ?

you know, I have noticed that most of the work for the Spanish
translation is being posted in the centos-es list.

It is ok about creating a list for all the translators.. but could it be
possible to create at least one for the spanish translators? We are like
5 or 6 trying to collaborate with the spanish translation.

is it possible?

I am not a translator, and really don't understand any language other
then English, certainly not to translate _to_.

I presume you mostly want to talk in Spanish? I imagine that if there's
some unclear English you'd want to do that to decide what it really means.

If so, then I suspect other translators also would prefer to speak their
own language, at least part of the time.

if you're all on one list, and each speaks your preferred language, then
the subject line will mostly indicate the language, and it won't be so
different from each having your own. It might also work well if there's
anyone fluent in more than two languages, and involved in (or merely
interested in) more than two translations.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait