-   -   Centos 5.1 on S390 and s390x (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/44620-centos-5-1-s390-s390x.html)

Philip Pinto 02-01-2008 01:01 PM

Centos 5.1 on S390 and s390x

Hi,

I was wondering if there has been any interest in continuing the port of
Centos to the s390 and s390x forward to version 5.1 of the Centos
project. I would be willing to contribute to the project financially or
by managing a special interest group for this purpose. But if there has
really been no interest beyond my own on this probably can't happen by
myself. Currently I use Centos 4.6 on s390x for a sandbox environment
for my consulting business and it a proven to be an invaluable tool for
this purpose. I do have a hardware environment and bandwidth that would
allow development to proceed.

Phil Pinto
pinto@dpcomputersolutions.com
DP Computer Solutions
PO Box 1385
Albany, NY 12010
917-841-0422

"Hand, Ray" 02-01-2008 01:10 PM

Centos 5.1 on S390 and s390x

I have offered to do the build but there seems to be some delay in
getting me the knowledge/training to get things going.