FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Marcus Moeller
 
Default Artwork packages for CentOS 6

Hi all,

as there are many changes in Anaconda (and not only there) I don't
think our old artwork build infrastructure is capable of creating the
necessary files.

If I should take a look at what needs to be drawn, please point me to
the packages/files that needs to be modified.

--
Greets
Marcus
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 10-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Ralph Angenendt
 
Default Artwork packages for CentOS 6

Am 24.10.10 15:51, schrieb Marcus Moeller:
> Hi all,
>
> as there are many changes in Anaconda (and not only there) I don't
> think our old artwork build infrastructure is capable of creating the
> necessary files.
>
> If I should take a look at what needs to be drawn, please point me to
> the packages/files that needs to be modified.

On 5.x the modified packages were gdm, redhat-artwork,
desktop-backgrounds-basic and rhgb. There also seems to be a kde
package, which I cannot remember now. kdebase? kdelibs?

What do we modify? This list is probably not complete, just what I can
think of at the moment:

- gdm
- kdm
- bootup (now rhgb, then plymouth)
- backgrounds
- anaconda graphics
- install slides (no idea if those are still supported *or* needed)
- grub screen
- remove the hat from the start menu and replace it with a CentOS logo

We don't have our own Gnome or KDE theme in regard to window decorations
(afaics).

All this is spread over several files (though redhat-artworks is the
most important one).

Regards,

Ralph
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Marcus Moeller
 
Default Artwork packages for CentOS 6

Hi all,

>> as there are many changes in Anaconda (and not only there) I don't
>> think our old artwork build infrastructure is capable of creating the
>> necessary files.
>>
>> If I should take a look at what needs to be drawn, please point me to
>> the packages/files that needs to be modified.
>
> On 5.x the modified packages were gdm, redhat-artwork,
> desktop-backgrounds-basic and rhgb. There also seems to be a kde
> package, which I cannot remember now. kdebase? kdelibs?
>
> What do we modify? This list is probably not complete, just what I can
> think of at the moment:
>
> - gdm

GDM is no longer themable like in the past. I can place a logo on top
of the login box and change the wallpaper (using gconf). Luckily it
makes use of the default wallpaper so this is not really necessary.

> - kdm

KDM is not that hard, KSplash makes use of the ksplashx engine. Going
to dig into that.

> - bootup (now rhgb, then plymouth)

RHEL ships a cool circle theme which we could just use. It's GPL'ed so
we only need to replace the logos

> - backgrounds

>From my observation the wallpapers are part of a package called
redhat-logos. It contains most of the brands and icons, too. Should we
perhaps split the wallpapers into a separate package?

> - anaconda graphics

Anaconda artwork changed a bit. It now has a top bar. This might be
the hardest part.

> - install slides (no idea if those are still supported *or* needed)

no, just one static screen

> - grub screen

Jup Going to draw something on a black bg to keep in line with the
black plymouth theme.

> - remove the hat from the start menu and replace it with a CentOS logo
>
> We don't have our own Gnome or KDE theme in regard to window decorations
> (afaics).

I am going to start packaging that stuff and put it somewhere you can
grab the srpms from.

--
Greets
Marcus
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Ralph Angenendt
 
Default Artwork packages for CentOS 6

Am 10.11.10 22:22, schrieb Marcus Moeller:
>> - gdm
>
> GDM is no longer themable like in the past. I can place a logo on top
> of the login box and change the wallpaper (using gconf). Luckily it
> makes use of the default wallpaper so this is not really necessary.

Does that happen within an RPM? Not having had a chance to look at 6
that hard, we somehow need to remove anything Red Hat which is in there,
even after the machines booted first.

>> - kdm
>
> KDM is not that hard, KSplash makes use of the ksplashx engine. Going
> to dig into that.

Thanks.

>> - bootup (now rhgb, then plymouth)
>
> RHEL ships a cool circle theme which we could just use. It's GPL'ed so
> we only need to replace the logos

I could live with that, others?

>> - anaconda graphics
>
> Anaconda artwork changed a bit. It now has a top bar. This might be
> the hardest part.
>
>> - install slides (no idea if those are still supported *or* needed)
>
> no, just one static screen

Okay.

> I am going to start packaging that stuff and put it somewhere you can
> grab the srpms from.

Thank you very much.

Ralph


_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Marcus Moeller
 
Default Artwork packages for CentOS 6

Hi all.

>>> - gdm
>>
>> GDM is no longer themable like in the past. I can place a logo on top
>> of the login box and change the wallpaper (using gconf). Luckily it
>> makes use of the default wallpaper so this is not really necessary.
>
> Does that happen within an RPM? Not having had a chance to look at 6
> that hard, we somehow need to remove anything Red Hat which is in there,
> even after the machines booted first.
>
>>> - kdm
>>
>> KDM is not that hard, KSplash makes use of the ksplashx engine. Going
>> to dig into that.
>
> Thanks.
>
>>> - bootup (now rhgb, then plymouth)
>>
>> RHEL ships a cool circle theme which we could just use. It's GPL'ed so
>> we only need to replace the logos
>
> I could live with that, others?
>
>>> - anaconda graphics
>>
>> Anaconda artwork changed a bit. It now has a top bar. This might be
>> the hardest part.
>>
>>> - install slides (no idea if those are still supported *or* needed)
>>
>> no, just one static screen
>
> Okay.
>
>> I am going to start packaging that stuff and put it somewhere you can
>> grab the srpms from.

debranding done and package provided to Karan.

--
Greets
Marcus
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:13 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org