Old 07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Artwork for C6

Hi,

with the EL6beta2 Refresh, I am going to guess that the rhel6 release
isnt far - and one of the things that takes the longest to get sorted
out in 'CentOS Lands' is the artwork components.

It would be fantastic if we can get some of the centos-artwork packages
into the testing repo's by the 15th Aug. So what all do we need in order
to get there ?

The components we need to start with are the gnome theme, *-artwork
packages and *-logos packages.

Can we also get a show of hands, on who all are working on these
components ?

Thanks

- KB

Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 07/26/2010 05:32 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the EL6beta2 Refresh, I am going to guess that the rhel6 release
> isnt far - and one of the things that takes the longest to get sorted
> out in 'CentOS Lands' is the artwork components.
>
> It would be fantastic if we can get some of the centos-artwork packages
> into the testing repo's by the 15th Aug. So what all do we need in order
> to get there ?
>
> The components we need to start with are the gnome theme, *-artwork
> packages and *-logos packages.
>
> Can we also get a show of hands, on who all are working on these
> components ?
let's also define for what languages are translations needed. I am in no
mood to spend again time translating and generating the logos to find
out that $MY language is not supported by anaconda

Old 07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Marcus Moeller

Dear Karan.

> with the EL6beta2 Refresh, I am going to guess that the rhel6 release
> isnt far - and one of the things that takes the longest to get sorted
> out in 'CentOS Lands' is the artwork components.
>
> It would be fantastic if we can get some of the centos-artwork packages
> into the testing repo's by the 15th Aug. So what all do we need in order
> to get there ?
>
> The components we need to start with are the gnome theme, *-artwork
> packages and *-logos packages.
>
> Can we also get a show of hands, on who all are working on these
> components ?

I am going to work out a plymouth theme which will replace the old RHGB splash.

For the rest we could stick with the Modern design for v6 which is
nearly finished.

Greets
Marcus

Old 07-27-2010, 09:01 PM
KarthiKeyan

I appreciate your try at drop.io.,

But., How about coming out of the formal way of artwork & think something really different.,

Compare the diff between Ubuntu versions, Windows xp to Win7,*

Even, a simple android 1.5 to 2.1 itself contains a major changes.,

I am a total crap when it comes about creativity and colors.,

But i appreciate innovation + creative trys(almost everything).

This time., Please confirm an artwork after high amount of revisions please.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Brian Schueler <brian.schueler@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi,

what about a more technical/professional design?

My wishes were:

- to have the version number as a roman number - VI

*(this should also be an allusion to the well-known editor)

*It should have continuous stokes at the top and the bottom

*so it's one symbol.

- to have the CentOS Logo (the image and the solid white

*"CentOS" text (Denmark font)) on a 33% gray background

*(#555555) for example.

- no rotating circle as plymouth animation (better: Nexus-like

*stokes drawing the word CentOS, when drawn (full booted) the

*4-color CentOS-Logo appears.)

Here are some proposal images from me - please say whether

it's nice or what can be made better. Your opinion, please.

The "VI" is made with an open source font (DejaVu LGC Sans

Condensed, Bold).

(The rest of the gray (i.e. wallpapers) could be fed with

*some flourish, e.g. PCB conductor tracks in another gray

*tone, ... your ideas ...).

Location: http://drop.io/centosvi

Greetings,

Brian.

Karthi Keyan

Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Brian Schueler

Hi,

this drop is for showing off _an idea_ only, not a
final artwork. I think the "VI" should be characteristic
for this (special) release.
CentOS 6 will not only being deployed on servers at most,
it will be something special: It should also become the
first choice for laptops, developer workstations, sound
studios and even the OS of video recorders (CentOS-5 + VDR
does it very well on x86-based DVB recorders (ReelBox,
etc.)).

Multimedia - EL6 has got what it takes !!

The "CentOS" logotype should get its place back into one
corner of the wallpaper - so people can see, that CentOS
is running (when looking over the user's shoulder onto the
screen).

What the new release may stand for:
- it's Very Intuitive
- and Very Impressive
- a big Velocity Increase
- good for Virtualized Infrastructures
- for you - it's Very Important
- it's Vital Inside - it's CentOS VI (six)

B.S.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Marcus Moeller

Dear Brian,

first thanks for your input.

> what about a more technical/professional design?
>
> My wishes were:
>
> - to have the version number as a roman number - VI
> *(this should also be an allusion to the well-known editor)
> *It should have continuous stokes at the top and the bottom
> *so it's one symbol.

We want to keep the artwork 'version-free' to allow ppl to use an
artwork set for every release they like.

> - to have the CentOS Logo (the image and the solid white
> *"CentOS" text (Denmark font)) on a 33% gray background
> *(#555555) for example.

The default color set is dark blue and I don't think this is going to
change as it makes CentOS visually unique and is part of the brand.

--
Greets
Marcus

Old 07-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Marcus Moeller

Hi all.

Here is a little design suggestion for C6:

http://marcus-moeller.de/share/blue_wallpaper_1600x1200.png

--
Greets
Marcus

Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Ned Slider

On 28/07/10 08:16, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Here is a little design suggestion for C6:
>
> http://marcus-moeller.de/share/blue_wallpaper_1600x1200.png

Very nice Marcus.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Florian La Roche

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 06:15:30PM +0100, Ned Slider wrote:
> On 28/07/10 08:16, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Here is a little design suggestion for C6:
> >
> > http://marcus-moeller.de/share/blue_wallpaper_1600x1200.png
> >

> Very nice Marcus.

+1, the nice blue builds up nicely as CentOS brand

regards,

Florian La Roche