Old 07-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Marcus Moeller

Default Artwork for C6

Hi Manuel.

>> And another (more classic) one:
>>
>> http://www.marcus-moeller.de/share/centos_wallpaper_01_1920x1200.png
>>
> on my 1024x768 desktop this one looks just like an oversized-pixelized
> "something". the previous version looks much better,

Sorry, I have uploaded the wrong version. Please refresh your browser
cache and try again.

--
Greets
Marcus

Old 07-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 07/30/2010 08:34 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Hi Manuel.

>>> And another (more classic) one:
>>>
>>> http://www.marcus-moeller.de/share/centos_wallpaper_01_1920x1200.png
>>>
>> on my 1024x768 desktop this one looks just like an oversized-pixelized
>> "something". the previous version looks much better,
> Sorry, I have uploaded the wrong version. Please refresh your browser
> cache and try again.
I still prefer "blue_wallpaper_original". Bonus points for it because it
clearly states our name, not just the logo.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:54 AM
David Hrbáč

> Hi Manuel.
>

> Sorry, I have uploaded the wrong version. Please refresh your browser
> cache and try again.

Hi Marcus,
I like it, it's better then the one with "gradient". Please do provide also wide versions of your work. I agree with Karanbir, It would be fine to have a few not just one Artwork. Maybe you could also provide the community with sources to let the community mock up.
Thanks and keep on,
David Hrbáč

Old 08-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 28.07.10 23:44, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> On 07/28/2010 07:32 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>>> what about a more technical/professional design?
>>>
> I'm all for options! Quite liked the grey background ( I use an all
> black background on my own desktop )
>
>> We want to keep the artwork 'version-free' to allow ppl to use an
>> artwork set for every release they like.
>
> Thats true, but no reason why we cant have more than one look and feel
> packaged in. Let users then chose what they want to have.

But I am still for a default theme/look and feel, and I am against roman
numbering (if there has to be a version number somewhere), as there is a
large group of CentOS users which has no real connection to our european
history.

The background with the real CentOS logo looks great, btw.

Regards,

Ralph

Old 10-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Ralph Angenendt

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> Dear Karan.
>
>> with the EL6beta2 Refresh, I am going to guess that the rhel6 release
>> isnt far - and one of the things that takes the longest to get sorted
>> out in 'CentOS Lands' is the artwork components.
>
> I am going to work out a plymouth theme which will replace the old RHGB splash.
>
> For the rest we could stick with the Modern design for v6 which is
> nearly finished.

Is there anything which needs to be done / has to be done / must be
done to restart this? Are there more people needed for actually doing
design? Are there people willing to join that process?

Is some infrastructure stuff besides projects.centos.org needed?

More generally: Does anyone have an idea on how to attract more people
to a graphical design process, which probably will be more than
designing the artwork components for the distribution?

Should that go into a new thread?

Regards,

Ralph

Old 10-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Farkas Levente

On 10/01/2010 11:36 AM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
>> Dear Karan.
>>
>>> with the EL6beta2 Refresh, I am going to guess that the rhel6 release
>>> isnt far - and one of the things that takes the longest to get sorted
>>> out in 'CentOS Lands' is the artwork components.
>>
>> I am going to work out a plymouth theme which will replace the old RHGB splash.
>>
>> For the rest we could stick with the Modern design for v6 which is
>> nearly finished.
>
> Is there anything which needs to be done / has to be done / must be
> done to restart this? Are there more people needed for actually doing
> design? Are there people willing to join that process?
>
> Is some infrastructure stuff besides projects.centos.org needed?
>
> More generally: Does anyone have an idea on how to attract more people
> to a graphical design process, which probably will be more than
> designing the artwork components for the distribution?
>
> Should that go into a new thread?

what is the current status?

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Old 10-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Marcus Moeller

Hi all.

>> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
>>> Dear Karan.

>>> I am going to work out a plymouth theme which will replace the old RHGB splash.
>>>
>>> For the rest we could stick with the Modern design for v6 which is
>>> nearly finished.
>>
>> Is there anything which needs to be done / has to be done / must be
>> done to restart this? Are there more people needed for actually doing
>> design? Are there people willing to join that process?
>>
>> Is some infrastructure stuff besides projects.centos.org needed?
>>
>> More generally: Does anyone have an idea on how to attract more people
>> to a graphical design process, which probably will be more than
>> designing the artwork components for the distribution?
>>
>> Should that go into a new thread?
>
> what is the current status?

I did some proposals and if noone else is going to provide some, I
will work out a theme based on that.

--
Greets
Marcus

Old 10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 01.10.10 13:17, schrieb Marcus Moeller:

> I did some proposals and if noone else is going to provide some, I
> will work out a theme based on that.

Good. FYI: I wasn't trying to establish a competitive situation, but
rather ask if other people are interested in supporting work which is
done here.

Regards,

Ralph

Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Marcus Moeller

Hi Ralph.

>> I did some proposals and if noone else is going to provide some, I
>> will work out a theme based on that.
>
> Good. FYI: I wasn't trying to establish a competitive situation, but
> rather ask if other people are interested in supporting work which is
> done here.

You might know me now. I appreciate everyone who is willed to help
(but I am realistic )

Greets
Marcus

Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Jerry Amundson

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> Hi Ralph.
>
>>> I did some proposals and if noone else is going to provide some, I
>>> will work out a theme based on that.
>>
>> Good. FYI: I wasn't trying to establish a competitive situation, but
>> rather ask if other people are interested in supporting work which is
>> done here.
>
> You might know me now. I appreciate everyone who is willed to help
> (but I am realistic )

I think the artwork has always looked great, and didn't realize it need help!

So, more to the point, what help is needed?
I see one (1) ticket in trac [1] - is that where we should be looking?

[1] https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/report

jerry