Old 01-11-2008, 11:58 AM
James Pearson

Default centos-release for 4.6

Something that is puzzling me - why is the centos-release RPM for
CentOS4.6 called centos-release-4-4.4 - shouldn't it be named something
like centos-release-4-6.X ?

Also, the centos-release-4-4.4.src.rpm doesn't appear to be on 4.6 SRPM
DVD ISO image ...

James Pearson

Old 01-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Johnny Hughes

James Pearson wrote:
Something that is puzzling me - why is the centos-release RPM for
CentOS4.6 called centos-release-4-4.4 - shouldn't it be named something
like centos-release-4-6.X ?

Also, the centos-release-4-4.4.src.rpm doesn't appear to be on 4.6 SRPM
DVD ISO image ...

I just took the next available number .. I did not try to line it up
with anything. Next time I will try to make it 4.7.

If any SRPMS that are missing from the DVD should be available here:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/SRPMS/

If it were up to me, there would not even be a DVD for SRPMS, as I think
it is a waste of bandwidth and storage space. It is very easy to just
download the directory and burn it to DVD.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes