Old 01-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Lennert Buytenhek

Default Using Centos as embedded linux.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 03:09:31PM +0530, Vishak V. Kurup wrote:

> That's also correct. But not because of the distribution I am blaming
> ARM. The performance got degraded very much in arm.

The fact that ARM CPUs run at lower clock rates (and thereby use
less power than other types of CPUs) is more or less their entire
reason for existing.

If your application really needed all the oomph that a 3.0GHz quad
core Xeon gives you, you should have used that, and not some 200MHz
ARM CPU. Or, you could have considered using a faster ARM CPU --
1GHz+ ARM CPUs do exist.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Karanbir Singh