Old 01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Alan Bartlett

Default Fasttrack for C-5

Karanbir,

Is there an ETA for this repository yet?

A status update would be appreciated, please.

Regards,
Alan.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 01/20/2010 01:58 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> Is there an ETA for this repository yet?

.. soon

> A status update would be appreciated, please.

I'm working on getting the layout for updateinfo.xml - help along those
lines would be good.

Bonus points for coming up with python code that is callable as a module
which can generate that. Have not looked at it yet, but next in queue is
update_md.py included in yum. That might be all thats needed, but if
someone wants to look see - please do so and confirm.

- KB

Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Seth Vidal

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 01/20/2010 01:58 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>> Is there an ETA for this repository yet?
>
> .. soon
>
>> A status update would be appreciated, please.
>
> I'm working on getting the layout for updateinfo.xml - help along those
> lines would be good.
>
> Bonus points for coming up with python code that is callable as a module
> which can generate that. Have not looked at it yet, but next in queue is
> update_md.py included in yum. That might be all thats needed, but if
> someone wants to look see - please do so and confirm.

there is python code in yum which does generate it - but only out of
already existent update info objects.

but the basic structure is there.

or you can look in the bodhi code and grab code from there, too.

-sv

Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Alan Bartlett

2010/1/20 Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org>:
> On 01/20/2010 01:58 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>> Is there an ETA for this repository yet?
>
> .. soon

Great (he says, whilst thinking about the hmaccalc package).

>> A status update would be appreciated, please.
>
> I'm working on getting the layout for updateinfo.xml - help along those
> lines would be good.
>
> Bonus points for coming up with python code that is callable as a module
> which can generate that. Have not looked at it yet, but next in queue is
> update_md.py included in yum. That might be all thats needed, but if
> someone wants to look see - please do so and confirm.

Hmm. I'm not fluent in python. To me (as I date back to when there
were really only two common Unix scripting languages, Steve Bourne's
shell & the C-shell) it's a read-only language . . . Perhaps it would
be best for A.N.Other to put up {her|his} hand and say {she|he} will
assist you, KB.

So, readers of this m/l, who will be first to raise their hand (for
the good of the CentOS-5 user base and to take some load off
Karanbir)?

Alan.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Mark Rappoport

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:

2010/1/20 Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org>:

> On 01/20/2010 01:58 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:

>> Is there an ETA for this repository yet?

>So, readers of this m/l, who will be first to raise their hand (for

the good of the CentOS-5 user base and to take some load off

Karanbir)?

I can assist with Python.

Karan, can we discuss this on IRC or off-list?

--
- Mark

Old 01-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Mark Rappoport <centos@mark.org.il> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:

>> >So, readers of this m/l, who will be first to raise their hand (for
>> the good of the CentOS-5 user base and to take some load off
>> Karanbir)?
>
> I can assist with Python.
>
> Karan, can we discuss this on IRC or off-list?

Ah, Mark, perhaps this is a good opportunity to introduce yourself to
the list (as suggested by KB on IRC).

Mark, IRC nick "doot", a python guru, fast problem resolver <- is this
you ? :-D

Akemi / toracat

Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Mark Rappoport

Ah, Mark, perhaps this is a good opportunity to introduce yourself to

the list (as suggested by KB on IRC).

Well, I'll do just that -- Mark Rappoport, 24 y/o, Linux user since age 13. Dabbled in pretty much everything, barring kernel drivers and taming wild llamas.

Mark, IRC nick "doot", a python guru, fast problem resolver <- is this

you ? *:-D

I'm hardly a guru
--*- Mark

Old 01-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Mark Rappoport

> Bonus points for coming up with python code that is callable as a module

> which can generate that. Have not looked at it yet, but next in queue is

> update_md.py included in yum. That might be all thats needed, but if

> someone wants to look see - please do so and confirm.

Confirmed -- I'm working to implement a small proof of concept + a tiny patch to update_md.py.*
--
- Mark

Old 01-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Seth Vidal

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Mark Rappoport wrote:

> > Bonus points for coming up with python code that is callable as a module
> > which can generate that. Have not looked at it yet, but next in queue is
> > update_md.py included in yum. That might be all thats needed, but if
> > someone wants to look see - please do so and confirm.
>

> Confirmed -- I'm working to implement a small proof of concept + a tiny patch to update_md.py.

come by #yum on freenode if you want to talk about your patch

-sv

Old 01-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Mark Rappoport

Hi,
> Confirmed -- I'm working to implement a small proof of concept + a tiny patch to update_md.py.

A small update_md.py patch (at http://pastebin.ca/1760395), allows us to write simple code (at http://pastebin.ca/1760398) to generate something like http://pastebin.ca/1760399

The update_md patch has also been submitted for consideration to the yum-devel list.
--
- Mark