Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Alan Bartlett

Default Fasttrack for C-5

On 9 March 2010 19:42, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> On 03/08/2010 06:22 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>> Silently and stealthily, he who also uses the alias of burakkucat [1],
>> approaches this thread and gives it a gentle bump to request an update
>> of the status of this issue.
>>

> .. making progress silently and stealthily
>
> we should have something online soon

Excellent news. Thanks for the update. ;-)

Alan.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 9.3.2010 20:42, Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> .. making progress silently and stealthily
>
> we should have something online soon
>
> - KB

Any news on progress?
Thanks,
DH

Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 03/30/2010 09:03 AM, David Hrbáč wrote:
> Dne 9.3.2010 20:42, Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
>> .. making progress silently and stealthily
>>
>> we should have something online soon
>
> Any news on progress?

I've not had the time to work on this the last couple of days, but it
needs a change in the way I do the c5 errata announcements. And I'm not
sure how many scripts will break out there due to this change.

So considering rolling this into the 5.5 release. Which, if rumour mills
are to be believed, should be released upstream sometime today. Just
going by the number of bz's being zapped upstream in the last few hours,
might be a fair guess.

- KB

Old 03-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Dag Wieers

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> So considering rolling this into the 5.5 release. Which, if rumour mills
> are to be believed, should be released upstream sometime today. Just
> going by the number of bz's being zapped upstream in the last few hours,
> might be a fair guess.

RHEL 5.5 is available on RHN.

So when can we expect CentOS 5.5 ? :-)

--
-- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --

Old 03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 03/30/2010 02:42 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> RHEL 5.5 is available on RHN.

nice.

Now we wait for the ftp sites to get populated with the srpms!

> So when can we expect CentOS 5.5 ? :-)

soon

Old 07-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 30 March 2010 10:20, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> On 03/30/2010 09:03 AM, David Hrbáč wrote:
>> Dne 9.3.2010 20:42, Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
>>> .. making progress silently and stealthily
>>>
>>> we should have something online soon
>>
>> Any news on progress?
>
> I've not had the time to work on this the last couple of days, but it
> needs a change in the way I do the c5 errata announcements. And I'm not
> sure how many scripts will break out there due to this change.
>
> So considering rolling this into the 5.5 release. Which, if rumour mills
> are to be believed, should be released upstream sometime today. Just
> going by the number of bz's being zapped upstream in the last few hours,
> might be a fair guess.

Four months on -- just a gentle bump on this thread to ensure that
neither too much dust collects on top nor too many barnacles attach
down below. ;-)

Alan.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 25 July 2010 19:24, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> On 30 March 2010 10:20, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:

>>> Any news on progress?
>>
>> I've not had the time to work on this the last couple of days, but it
>> needs a change in the way I do the c5 errata announcements. And I'm not
>> sure how many scripts will break out there due to this change.
>>
>> So considering rolling this into the 5.5 release. Which, if rumour mills
>> are to be believed, should be released upstream sometime today. Just
>> going by the number of bz's being zapped upstream in the last few hours,
>> might be a fair guess.
>
> Four months on -- just a gentle bump on this thread to ensure that
> neither too much dust collects on top nor too many barnacles attach
> down below. *;-)

After the passage of another month -- bump! Is fasttrack for C-5 ever
to appear?

What still needs to be done? Without knowing the latter, it is
impossible for anyone to (offer to) help.

Alan.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 09/02/2010 02:55 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> After the passage of another month -- bump! Is fasttrack for C-5 ever
> to appear?

I hope so.

> What still needs to be done? Without knowing the latter, it is
> impossible for anyone to (offer to) help.

The consolidated build/test stuff needs to be in place first. Were
working on it.

- KB

Old 09-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 2 September 2010 15:03, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> On 09/02/2010 02:55 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>> After the passage of another month -- bump! Is fasttrack for C-5 ever
>> to appear?
>
> I hope so.
>
>> What still needs to be done? Without knowing the latter, it is
>> impossible for anyone to (offer to) help.
>
> The consolidated build/test stuff needs to be in place first. We're
> working on it.

Thanks for the progress report. Appreciated.

Alan.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 27.1.2010 13:30, Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> all CentOS-5-FT pending updates are now in the c5-testing repo, either
> included in the main testing repo ( so you get all testing packages ),
> or in its own c5-ft-testing repo, which only gives you the c5-ft
> packages. There is a .repo file here for the c5-ft-test:
>
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/CentOS-5-ft-Testing.repo

Hi,
Well, I'm asking again, what's the status of C5 Fasttrack repo.

> We are going to start building the updateinfo metadata around this repo
> and should have something usable by early next week.

What's the status of updateinfo.xml being provided for C5 (now for C6 too).
Regards,
DH