Old 01-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Default Fasttrack for C-5

Am 21.01.10 17:00, schrieb Mark Rappoport:

> Well, I'll do just that -- Mark Rappoport, 24 y/o, Linux user since age
> 13. Dabbled in pretty much everything, barring kernel drivers and taming
> wild llamas.

The latter will come in handy here.

Ralph

Old 01-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Alan Bartlett

2010/1/21 Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com>:
> Am 21.01.10 17:00, schrieb Mark Rappoport:
>
>> Well, I'll do just that -- Mark Rappoport, 24 y/o, Linux user since age
>> 13. Dabbled in pretty much everything, barring kernel drivers and taming
>> wild llamas.
>
> The latter will come in handy here.

Thought that was Russ' bailiwick . . . ;-)

Alan.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Karanbir Singh

Hi,

all CentOS-5-FT pending updates are now in the c5-testing repo, either
included in the main testing repo ( so you get all testing packages ),
or in its own c5-ft-testing repo, which only gives you the c5-ft
packages. There is a .repo file here for the c5-ft-test:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/CentOS-5-ft-Testing.repo

We are going to start building the updateinfo metadata around this repo
and should have something usable by early next week.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh

Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Alan Bartlett

2010/1/27 Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org>:

> There is a .repo file here for the c5-ft-test:
>
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/CentOS-5-ft-Testing.repo
>
> We are going to start building the updateinfo metadata around this repo
> and should have something usable by early next week.

Thanks KB. I shall try to give it a look sometime in the coming 24 hours.

Alan.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Alan Bartlett

On 27 January 2010 13:02, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> 2010/1/27 Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org>:
>
>> There is a .repo file here for the c5-ft-test:
>>
>> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/CentOS-5-ft-Testing.repo
>>
>> We are going to start building the updateinfo metadata around this repo
>> and should have something usable by early next week.
>
> Thanks KB. I shall try to give it a look sometime in the coming 24 hours.

Just a quick note to confirm that everything appears to be o.k. based
on my tests.

Comments from others will, I know, be appreciated.

Alan.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Ned Slider

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> all CentOS-5-FT pending updates are now in the c5-testing repo, either
> included in the main testing repo ( so you get all testing packages ),
> or in its own c5-ft-testing repo, which only gives you the c5-ft
> packages. There is a .repo file here for the c5-ft-test:
>
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/CentOS-5-ft-Testing.repo
>
> We are going to start building the updateinfo metadata around this repo
> and should have something usable by early next week.

Hi KB,

Does the filesystem package no longer require CentOS branding changes to
be rolled in?

$ rpm -q filesystem
filesystem-2.4.0-2.el5.centos.x86_64

$ rpm -q --changelog filesystem | more
* Mon Mar 09 2009 Karanbir Singh <kbsingh@centos.org> - 2.4.0-2.el5.centos
- Roll in CentOS Branding

Thanks.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Ned Slider

Ned Slider wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> all CentOS-5-FT pending updates are now in the c5-testing repo, either
>> included in the main testing repo ( so you get all testing packages ),
>> or in its own c5-ft-testing repo, which only gives you the c5-ft
>> packages. There is a .repo file here for the c5-ft-test:
>>
>> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/CentOS-5-ft-Testing.repo
>>
>> We are going to start building the updateinfo metadata around this repo
>> and should have something usable by early next week.
>>

> Hi KB,
>
> Does the filesystem package no longer require CentOS branding changes to
> be rolled in?
>
> $ rpm -q filesystem
> filesystem-2.4.0-2.el5.centos.x86_64
>
> $ rpm -q --changelog filesystem | more
> * Mon Mar 09 2009 Karanbir Singh <kbsingh@centos.org> - 2.4.0-2.el5.centos
> - Roll in CentOS Branding
>
> Thanks.

Looks like pirut still needs it's Requires for rhn components removed too.

error: Failed dependencies:
rhn-setup-gnome is needed by pirut-1.3.28-17.el5.noarch

Thanks.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 28/01/10 14:33, Ned Slider wrote:
>> Does the filesystem package no longer require CentOS branding changes to
>> be rolled in?
>> $ rpm -q filesystem
>> filesystem-2.4.0-2.el5.centos.x86_64

Will look at that.
> Looks like pirut still needs it's Requires for rhn components removed too.
> error: Failed dependencies:
> rhn-setup-gnome is needed by pirut-1.3.28-17.el5.noarch

And this as well.

thanks for acting as issue catcher, its good to know that stuff I farkup
is going to be caught along the line

btw, the major point of getting these packages into a repo was to work
on the code that allows us to produce a package-db api. After a lot of
feature creep and de-creep there is something that should mostly work.
I'll post more details on that in the next few days.

Also, by this weekend there should be yum-security working capability in
this ft-testing repo. I'll post an email here when thats in place.

--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh@karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh

Old 03-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 8 February 2010 18:14, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> On 28/01/10 14:33, Ned Slider wrote:
>>> Does the filesystem package no longer require CentOS branding changes to
>>> be rolled in?
>>> $ rpm -q filesystem
>>> filesystem-2.4.0-2.el5.centos.x86_64
>
> Will look at that.
>> Looks like pirut still needs it's Requires for rhn components removed too.
>> error: Failed dependencies:
>> * * * * *rhn-setup-gnome is needed by pirut-1.3.28-17.el5.noarch
>
> And this as well.
>
> thanks for acting as issue catcher, its good to know that stuff I farkup
> is going to be caught along the line
>
> btw, the major point of getting these packages into a repo was to work
> on the code that allows us to produce a package-db api. After a lot of
> feature creep and de-creep there is something that should mostly work.
> I'll post more details on that in the next few days.
>
> Also, by this weekend there should be yum-security working capability in
> this ft-testing repo. I'll post an email here when thats in place.

Silently and stealthily, he who also uses the alias of burakkucat [1],
approaches this thread and gives it a gentle bump to request an update
of the status of this issue.

Alan.

[1] http://www.centos.toracat.org/ajb/burakkucat.jpg

Old 03-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 03/08/2010 06:22 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> Silently and stealthily, he who also uses the alias of burakkucat [1],
> approaches this thread and gives it a gentle bump to request an update
> of the status of this issue.

.. making progress silently and stealthily

we should have something online soon

- KB