Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/)
-   -   Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/308275-forum-thread-relating-centos-5-testing-repository.html)

Karanbir Singh 01-12-2010 04:58 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
On 12/01/10 17:49, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> I'll continue to talk to myself by mentioning that another contributor
> to the above thread, in post #7, has stated that:
>
> "The PHP packages in the CentOS testing repo are outdated."

outdated how ? were still following rhwas...

I was hoping to put some of these things together into its own 'silo'
which would allow people to get 'just rhwas' and not the other bits from
the testing repo.

Is it a case of meeting user-expectations ? if there really is a major
interest in following the upstream ( i mean all the way, like php.net )
release ?

--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh@karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Christoph Maser 01-12-2010 05:00 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
Am Dienstag, den 12.01.2010, 18:49 +0100 schrieb Alan Bartlett:
> 2010/1/11 Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org>:
> > There has been a recent forum thread [1] where the OP has asked about
> > the C-5 Testing Repository and the php packages contained therein.
> >
> > When the time permits, would one of the core-devs please post a
> > comment to that thread.
> >
> > Having defocussed my eyes, I mentally see an image of Tru, Johnny,
> > Karanbir, Ralph or Russ checking the quoted URL . . .
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alan.
> >
> > [1] http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=24153&forum=42
> >
>
> I'll continue to talk to myself by mentioning that another contributor
> to the above thread, in post #7, has stated that:
>
> "The PHP packages in the CentOS testing repo are outdated."
>
> If that indeed is the case, perhaps they should be pulled -- if the
> original CentOS packager is unable to maintain them?
>
> Alan.

Actually i checked and rebuild the RHWAS php packages from upstream
myself and it seems they can just go unmodified through the build
process. I did not find any copyright,branding,whatever from upstream.
Its just the vanilla php plus a few patches.

Chrsi


financial.com AG

Munich head office/Hauptsitz München: Maria-Probst-Str. 19 | 80939 München | Germany
Frankfurt branch office/Niederlassung Frankfurt: Messeturm | Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 49 | 60327 Frankfurt | Germany
Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach
Supervisory board/Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Dr. Ernst zur Linden (chairman/Vorsitzender)
Register court/Handelsregister: Munich – HRB 128 972 | Sales tax ID number/St.Nr.: DE205 370 553
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 01-12-2010 08:48 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
On 12/01/10 18:00, Christoph Maser wrote:
> Actually i checked and rebuild the RHWAS php packages from upstream
> myself and it seems they can just go unmodified through the build
> process. I did not find any copyright,branding,whatever from upstream.
> Its just the vanilla php plus a few patches.

Thats pretty much what I have as well. And the rhaws stuff is being
tracked with the same tools as the main distro.


--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh@karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 01-12-2010 08:49 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
On 12/01/10 18:11, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> May I, therefore, take it that when you can find the time you will
> interact with the end-users?

I try :/ but the forums just take up too much time to go through and i
end up fighting the system more than the content itself.

> I have, in my own way, suggested that users requiring information of
> this nature should ask their pertinent questions on this m/l. It
> seems, however, that some people are not happy to use this list.

humm wonder why that is.

--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh@karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Phil Schaffner 01-13-2010 02:42 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
Karanbir Singh wrote on 01/12/2010 04:48 PM:
> On 12/01/10 18:00, Christoph Maser wrote:
>> Actually i checked and rebuild the RHWAS php packages from upstream
>> myself and it seems they can just go unmodified through the build
>> process. I did not find any copyright,branding,whatever from upstream.
>> Its just the vanilla php plus a few patches.
>
> Thats pretty much what I have as well. And the rhaws stuff is being
> tracked with the same tools as the main distro.

So, how and when might these packages emerge (no I'm not switching
distros :-D ) from testing?

Phil
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 01-22-2010 01:41 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
On 01/22/2010 02:32 PM, Michiel van Es wrote:
> php-5.2.6-2.el5s2.i386.rpm 16-Sep-2008 01:20 1.2M

http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/i386/RPMS/php-5.2.9-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm

use yum :)

the 5.2.10 rpm was actually queued up to move into the plus repo, this
conversation came up earlier today as well. And its worth resolving really.

for now, I'll push the 5.2.10 out into the testing repo though

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Jean-Marc LIGER 01-22-2010 02:14 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
Karanbir Singh a crit :
> On 01/22/2010 02:32 PM, Michiel van Es wrote:
>
>> php-5.2.6-2.el5s2.i386.rpm 16-Sep-2008 01:20 1.2M
>>
>
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/i386/RPMS/php-5.2.9-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
>
> use yum :)
>
> the 5.2.10 rpm was actually queued up to move into the plus repo, this
> conversation came up earlier today as well. And its worth resolving really.
>

And what about the php-extras src.rpm ? shoud it be sync with php-5.2.10
and also go in the plus repo ?

> for now, I'll push the 5.2.10 out into the testing repo though
>
>

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Michiel van Es 01-22-2010 02:22 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
On 01/22/2010 03:41 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/22/2010 02:32 PM, Michiel van Es wrote:
>> php-5.2.6-2.el5s2.i386.rpm 16-Sep-2008 01:20 1.2M
>
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/i386/RPMS/php-5.2.9-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
>
> use yum :)

I use yum but it says the 5,2.6 version is the one being provided:
7/715 : php-5.2.6-2.el5s2-0.i386

>
> the 5.2.10 rpm was actually queued up to move into the plus repo, this
> conversation came up earlier today as well. And its worth resolving really.
>
> for now, I'll push the 5.2.10 out into the testing repo though

Thanks :)
Then I can keep my systems up to date who are using the Testing repo :)

Regards,

Michiel

>
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 01-22-2010 02:28 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
On 01/22/2010 03:22 PM, Michiel van Es wrote:
>> use yum :)
> I use yum but it says the 5,2.6 version is the one being provided:
> 7/715 : php-5.2.6-2.el5s2-0.i386

root@lucifer yum.repos.d]# yum --enablerepo=c5-testing list
php-5*.`uname -m` -d0

Available Packages
php.x86_64 5.2.9-2.el5.centos
c5-testing

something is broken on your side.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Michiel van Es 01-22-2010 02:31 PM

Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository
 
On 01/22/2010 04:28 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/22/2010 03:22 PM, Michiel van Es wrote:
>>> use yum :)
>> I use yum but it says the 5,2.6 version is the one being provided:
>> 7/715 : php-5.2.6-2.el5s2-0.i386
>
> root@lucifer yum.repos.d]# yum --enablerepo=c5-testing list
> php-5*.`uname -m` -d0
>
> Available Packages
> php.x86_64 5.2.9-2.el5.centos
> c5-testing
>
> something is broken on your side.
>
hmm perhaps yum cache..I see that since todaythe package are just
updated and the 5.2.6 is removed..

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:03 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.