Old 01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Forum Thread -- Relating to the CentOS 5 Testing Repository

On 01/22/2010 03:14 PM, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
> And what about the php-extras src.rpm ? shoud it be sync with php-5.2.10
> and also go in the plus repo ?

Is there a problem with it right now that would need a rebuild to work
around ?

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh

Old 01-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Jean-Marc LIGER

Le 22/01/10 16:31, Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> On 01/22/2010 03:14 PM, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>
>> And what about the php-extras src.rpm ? shoud it be sync with php-5.2.10
>> and also go in the plus repo ?
>>
> Is there a problem with it right now that would need a rebuild to work
> around ?

It has been built with php-devel 5.1.6 not 5.2.10.

Do you think a rebuild isn't necessary ?

Old 01-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 01/22/2010 04:52 PM, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
> It has been built with php-devel 5.1.6 not 5.2.10.
> Do you think a rebuild isn't necessary ?

I dont really care. I dont use php, or have any interest in there. But
if there is a specific issue, then we can look at fixing it. Things that
I think or dont think about are harldy relevant to the scope of things
going on here.

Also, there is no php-extras in the WAS.

Or, are you considering, and completely failing to communicate, a
parallel php-5.2.x stack.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Jean-Marc LIGER

Le 22/01/10 17:59, Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> On 01/22/2010 04:52 PM, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>
>> It has been built with php-devel 5.1.6 not 5.2.10.
>> Do you think a rebuild isn't necessary ?
>>
> I dont really care. I dont use php, or have any interest in there. But
> if there is a specific issue, then we can look at fixing it. Things that
> I think or dont think about are harldy relevant to the scope of things
> going on here.
>
> Also, there is no php-extras in the WAS.
>
> Or, are you considering, and completely failing to communicate, a
> parallel php-5.2.x stack.

Exactly, there has already been some similar demands on the list about this.

Well communicate is the more difficult thing to do, thanks for having
guess my purpose.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 22/01/10 17:26, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>> Or, are you considering, and completely failing to communicate, a
>> parallel php-5.2.x stack.
> Exactly, there has already been some similar demands on the list about this.

I feel that ends up expanding the scope of what needs doing quite a bit.
I know this case came up before as well, and the feeling at the time was
that we could make a complete php-stack along with php extras and pecl
modules available. However, in the interest of pushing the php-5.2.x
package into c5plus, it might be worth getting that done, and then look
at expanding the scope of what else and other addons that might be
brought in as well.

The other thing is that while a lot of people were asking for this, few
people actually offered to help with any maintenance - I would hope that
the situation has changed a bit!

--
Karanbir Singh
kbsingh@karan.org | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh

Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Christoph Maser

Am Montag, den 25.01.2010, 23:33 +0100 schrieb Justin Albstmeijer:
> Hi,
>
> I hoped to use php-5.2 while keeping close to the centos packages (no
> external repositories).
> So I tried the packages from
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/i386/RPMS/ .
> These packages seem to be compiled without mime-magic support
> (--without-mime-magic).
> The previous stable php-5.1.6 packages had this mime-magic support enabled.
> Any reason for this change? is there an add-on rpm packages supplying this
> support?

The reason is upstream did do that, these packages are just a rebuild of
the RHWAS php packages.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach

Old 01-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Jean-Marc LIGER

Le 25/01/10 20:26, Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> On 22/01/10 17:26, Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>
>>> Or, are you considering, and completely failing to communicate, a
>>> parallel php-5.2.x stack.
>>>
>> Exactly, there has already been some similar demands on the list about this.
>>

> I feel that ends up expanding the scope of what needs doing quite a bit.
> I know this case came up before as well, and the feeling at the time was
> that we could make a complete php-stack along with php extras and pecl
> modules available. However, in the interest of pushing the php-5.2.x
> package into c5plus, it might be worth getting that done, and then look
> at expanding the scope of what else and other addons that might be
> brought in as well.
>
> The other thing is that while a lot of people were asking for this, few
> people actually offered to help with any maintenance - I would hope that
> the situation has changed a bit!

I already offered some help for the web stack part, perhaps I also
failed to communicate about it, but my help is offered again.
So the next question is what should I do to be helpfull ?

JML