Old 12-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Léon Keijser

Default New package: PowerAdmin

Hi,

I would like to submit a new package for inclusion in the CentOS
repositories:

Spec URL: http://leon.fedorapeople.org/files/poweradmin/poweradmin.spec
SRPM URL:
http://leon.fedorapeople.org/files/poweradmin/poweradmin-2.1.3-5.fc12.src.rpm

Poweradmin is a friendly web-based DNS administration tool for
Bert Hubert's PowerDNS server. The interface has full support
for most of the features of PowerDNS. It has full support for
all zone types ( master, native and slave), for supermasters
for automatic provisioning of slave zones, full support for IPv6
and comes with multi-language support. See feature list for all
features.

rpmlint outputs 2 warnings, both of which i can explain:

poweradmin.noarch: W: file-not-in-%lang
/var/www/html/poweradmin/locale/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/messages.mo
poweradmin.noarch: W: dangerous-command-in-%post rm

The locale file belongs to the poweradmin package and is not meant for
system-wide usage. The rm command is to remove the ./install dir when upgrading
the package. If it's not removed, PowerAdmin won't function properly anymore.

Having never submitted anything for CentOS yet, i welcome all input.

Kind regards,

--
Léon

Old 12-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Itamar Reis Peixoto

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Léon Keijser <keijser@stone-it.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to submit a new package for inclusion in the CentOS
> repositories:
>
> Spec URL: http://leon.fedorapeople.org/files/poweradmin/poweradmin.spec
> SRPM URL:
> http://leon.fedorapeople.org/files/poweradmin/poweradmin-2.1.3-5.fc12.src.rpm
>
> Poweradmin is a friendly web-based DNS administration tool for
> Bert Hubert's *PowerDNS server. The interface has full support
> for most of the features of PowerDNS. It has full support for
> all zone types ( master, *native and *slave), for *supermasters
> for automatic provisioning of slave zones, full support for IPv6
> and comes with multi-language support. See feature list for all
> features.
>
> rpmlint outputs 2 warnings, both of which i can explain:
>
> poweradmin.noarch: W: file-not-in-%lang
> /var/www/html/poweradmin/locale/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/messages.mo
> poweradmin.noarch: W: dangerous-command-in-%post rm
>
> The locale file belongs to the poweradmin package and is not meant for
> system-wide usage. The rm command is to remove the ./install dir when upgrading
> the package. If it's not removed, PowerAdmin won't function properly anymore.
>
> Having never submitted anything for CentOS yet, i welcome all input.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Léon

Just ask for epel branch after your package reviewed in fedora project.

--
------------

Itamar Reis Peixoto

e-mail/msn/google talk/sip: itamar@ispbrasil.com.br
skype: itamarjp
icq: 81053601
+55 11 4063 5033
+55 34 3221 8599

Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Léon Keijser <keijser@stone-it.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to submit a new package for inclusion in the CentOS
>> repositories:
>>
>> Spec URL: http://leon.fedorapeople.org/files/poweradmin/poweradmin.spec
>> SRPM URL:
>> http://leon.fedorapeople.org/files/poweradmin/poweradmin-2.1.3-5.fc12.src.rpm
>>
>> Poweradmin is a friendly web-based DNS administration tool for
>> Bert Hubert's PowerDNS server. The interface has full support
>> for most of the features of PowerDNS. It has full support for
>> all zone types ( master, native and slave), for supermasters
>> for automatic provisioning of slave zones, full support for IPv6
>> and comes with multi-language support. See feature list for all
>> features.
>>
>> rpmlint outputs 2 warnings, both of which i can explain:
>>
>> poweradmin.noarch: W: file-not-in-%lang
>> /var/www/html/poweradmin/locale/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/messages.mo
>> poweradmin.noarch: W: dangerous-command-in-%post rm
>>
>> The locale file belongs to the poweradmin package and is not meant for
>> system-wide usage. The rm command is to remove the ./install dir when upgrading
>> the package. If it's not removed, PowerAdmin won't function properly anymore.
>>
>> Having never submitted anything for CentOS yet, i welcome all input.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> --
>> Léon
>>

> Just ask for epel branch after your package reviewed in fedora project.

The package is already included in fedora ( >= 10 ) and epel (4 / 5) .
But it is maintained by someone else, not by Léon

Manuel

Old 12-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Itamar Reis Peixoto

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

>> Just ask for epel branch after your package reviewed in fedora project.
>>
> The package is already included in fedora ( >= 10 ) and epel (4 / 5) .
> But it is maintained by someone else, not by Léon
>

> * *Manuel

ok, thanks, I have closed the review request

--