Old 12-09-2009, 06:43 PM
"IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR"

Default Donating: Out we not be more understanding on the list?

List members,

I am not sure if it is just I, but there seem to be a prevalent amount
of elitism on this list, and as such I think this is a good time to
make note of it in the light of working to accept donations.

It will hopefully be instructive to the some several folks (not all of
course, but a select segment) of people on this list that are
regularly curt, abrupt, condescending, and dismissive of those asking
queries of the list to take stock of the fact that their alienating
effect is long term and not soon forgotten. Surely, this will impact
one's choice to donate.

Thus, if the greater CentOS community is going to try to accept
donations from those that see extremely righteous value in their work,
why spoil that point of view by proving inarguably a contrarian
outlook by treating people on this list dismissively?

I have no objection to elitism, just noting that sometimes it is
better to be a non-elitist with donations, that an elitist with less
donations.

Just a word to those that think they are wise, but really need to become wise.

V/R,

Stuart