-   -   Donating? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/292291-donating.html)

R P Herrold 12-08-2009 04:12 PM

Donating?

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Alan Bartlett wrote:

> Earlier today, a forum thread was started by "Sirlurkalot" with the
> above subject header. [1]

> Would one of the CentOS devs please respond to it.
>
> Russ, I'm thinking of you. ;-) Could you please find the time?

* nod * We have the matter of monetary donations on the
docket already for an upcoming meeting already. I responded
to a private query this way recently.

A quick answer about donations to the CentOS project is:

> We are also interested in doing some donations to the CentOS
> project, so maybe you could point me in the direction of the
> right person to talk to.

As to donations, the CentOS developer team have not yet
re-enabled a mechanism to receive monetary donations; We have
(and have had) the matter on the docket of our periodic
meetings of the lead developers, and understand the desire of
larger community of CentOS users to make monetary
contributions. But we would rather 'get it right' than get it
done fast and wrong.

Mirror, hardware, and colo/bandwidth are received through:
http://wiki.centos.org/Donate

See also the link off the Donate bar at:
http://www.centos.org/
which redirects to:

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=23
and an email to a monitored address at: