-   -   mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/279207-mock-0-9-19-centos5-rhel5.html)

Florian La Roche 11-12-2009 05:40 AM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

Hello,

if you want to run the newest version of mock (0.9.19)
with RHEL5/CentOS5, you can use a backported version from:

http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/el-updates/5/SRPMS/mock-0.9.19-1.el5.src.rpm
http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/el-updates/5/i386/mock-0.9.19-1.el5.noarch.rpm

regards,

Florian La Roche

Karanbir Singh 11-12-2009 09:07 AM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

if you want to run the newest version of mock (0.9.19)
with RHEL5/CentOS5, you can use a backported version from:

Have you done any tests to see how the output changes from what we have
in extras/ now ? Are these test results public somewhere ?

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh

Karanbir Singh 11-12-2009 09:19 AM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

Brian Schueler 11-12-2009 07:56 PM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

Hi,

how far I see, mock is now completely ported to Python. if you
really decide to put the new version to C5/Extras, so please let
me know so I may include my new cache method (hardlink+rsync) to
it.
Sorry I'm not a pygrammer so I have to deal with Python first
before I can make a patch for the new version.

After I installed the reqired pkgs from EPEL5, I tried
to initialize a centos-5 chroot - my first impression
is following:

[mockbuild@sinistar el5]# mock init
INFO: mock.py version 0.9.19 starting...
State Changed: init plugins
State Changed: start
State Changed: lock buildroot
State Changed: clean
State Changed: init
State Changed: lock buildroot
Mock Version: 0.9.19
INFO: Mock Version: 0.9.19
INFO: enabled root cache
INFO: enabled yum cache
State Changed: cleaning yum metadata
INFO: enabled ccache
State Changed: running yum
ERROR: 'str' object has no attribute 'items'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 686, in ?
main(retParams)
File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 562, in main
chroot.init()
File "<peak.util.decorators.rewrap wrapping mock.backend.init at
0x2AD258A99050>", line 3, in init
def init(self): return __decorated(self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mock/trace_decorator.py", line
70, in trace
result = func(*args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mock/backend.py", line 154, in
init
self._init()
File "<peak.util.decorators.rewrap wrapping mock.backend._init at
0x2AD258A99500>", line 3, in _init
def _init(self): return __decorated(self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mock/trace_decorator.py", line
70, in trace
result = func(*args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mock/backend.py", line 270, in
_init
self._buildDirSetup()
File "<peak.util.decorators.rewrap wrapping
mock.backend._buildDirSetup at 0x2AD258A9DF50>", line 3, in
_buildDirSetup
def _buildDirSetup(self): return __decorated(self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mock/trace_decorator.py", line
70, in trace
result = func(*args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mock/backend.py", line 649, in
_buildDirSetup
for key, value in self.macros.items():
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'items'

-
I completely removed the old mock and /var/lib/mock before and also got
this error. On 'mock init' the yum process works for some seconds before
it breaks down.
What I have to pay attention to? What did I wrong? mockbuild is a member
of the mock group. And there is 70 GB free on the hard drive.

Cheers,

Brian.

Mike McLean 11-13-2009 05:09 PM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

if you want to run the newest version of mock (0.9.19)
with RHEL5/CentOS5, you can use a backported version from:

http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/el-updates/5/SRPMS/mock-0.9.19-1.el5.src.rpm
http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/el-updates/5/i386/mock-0.9.19-1.el5.noarch.rpm

So basically just reverting the dbus patch (2046136e)?

Perhaps since RHEL5 is something of an important platform for mock we
should consider making this codepath conditional, or otherwise fix this
without forking.

Clark Williams 11-15-2009 02:57 PM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:09:14 -0500
Mike McLean <mikem@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/2009 01:40 AM, Florian La Roche wrote:
> > if you want to run the newest version of mock (0.9.19)
> > with RHEL5/CentOS5, you can use a backported version from:
> >
> > http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/el-updates/5/SRPMS/mock-0.9.19-1.el5.src.rpm
> > http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/el-updates/5/i386/mock-0.9.19-1.el5.noarch.rpm
>
> So basically just reverting the dbus patch (2046136e)?
>
> Perhaps since RHEL5 is something of an important platform for mock we
> should consider making this codepath conditional, or otherwise fix this
> without forking.

I've got a patch in my tree but I'm trying to figure out why my
validation tests are failing on epel4. Should ahve a 0.9.20 out early
next week though.

Clark

Florian La Roche 11-15-2009 03:21 PM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 01:09:14PM -0500, Mike McLean wrote:
> On 11/12/2009 01:40 AM, Florian La Roche wrote:
> >if you want to run the newest version of mock (0.9.19)
> >with RHEL5/CentOS5, you can use a backported version from:
> >
> >http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/el-updates/5/SRPMS/mock-0.9.19-1.el5.src.rpm
> >http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/el-updates/5/i386/mock-0.9.19-1.el5.noarch.rpm
>
> So basically just reverting the dbus patch (2046136e)?
>
> Perhaps since RHEL5 is something of an important platform for mock we
> should consider making this codepath conditional, or otherwise fix this
> without forking.

Hello Mike,

this small change is all that is needed, at least for a first start.
I've put this into bugzilla in August and Clark has done a clean patch
within two days, but it is not commited into the public repo and also
no new rpm has been pushed out. See bz 516355 for details.

Karanbir: You've already emailed the current CentOS position to have
one mock version across all of CentOS3/4/5 running and that the newest
bits don't qualify for that. This could maybe change next year once CentOS3
does not get updates anymore. I could see similar decisions like e.g.
keeping to a mock version starting at initial release of a new major
CentOS push-out. (Then CentOS-5 would always stick to the mock release
that was used for CentOS-5.0...)
Another idea that Red Hat would probably support is to just use the
same mock version that also Red Hat uses for their releases, just to have
another data point that CentOS is really 100% compatibel to RHEL.
(Keeping infrastructure the same should be extended to as many parts
as possible.)

regards,

Florian La Roche

Florian La Roche 11-15-2009 03:21 PM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

Florian La Roche 11-22-2009 08:49 PM

mock-0.9.19 on CentOS5/RHEL5

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 01:09:14PM -0500, Mike McLean wrote:
> Perhaps since RHEL5 is something of an important platform for mock we
> should consider making this codepath conditional, or otherwise fix this
> without forking.

Hello Mike,

thanks for getting the new release of mock out, also for the pykickstart
commit to keep working with older python releases. I've moved to newest
rpms and besides mock I've also tested koji a bit more now. Some recompile
tests with kernel,glibc,memtest86+ and a dozen other rpms did all work ok,
so the special koji config steps should be complete now...

(Also Michal Hlavinka has merged in some bits for dovecot to have newest
Fedora Rawhide rpms compile on RHEL5, so overall it's been a good week to
reduce extra patches for me.)

thanks,

Florian La Roche