FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Farkas Levente
 
Default missing packages from 5.4

hi,
it seems there are a few source packages missing from 5.4:
celt051-0.5.1.3-0.el5.src.rpm
etherboot-5.4.4-10.el5.src.rpm
iasl-20061109-5.el5.src.rpm
kvm-83-105.el5.src.rpm
log4cpp-1.0-4.el5.src.rpm
qcairo-1.8.7.1-3.el5.src.rpm
qffmpeg-0.4.9-0.15.20080908.el5.src.rpm
qpixman-0.13.3-4.el5.src.rpm
qspice-0.3.0-39.el5.src.rpm
it seems all x86_64 only package's source are missing:-)

at the same time
nautilus-sendto-1.0.1-6.el5.centos.src.rpm
pango-1.14.9-6.el5.centos
yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-3.el5.centos.src.rpm
has no reason to be .centos since there is no changes from rhel and i
also suspect
etherboot-5.4.4-10.el5.centos.X.rpm
but as there is no src.rpm for etherboot i can't check it.


--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default missing packages from 5.4

On 11/08/2009 10:54 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
> it seems there are a few source packages missing from 5.4:

Will look into these, might need to push them out manually.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Farkas Levente
 
Default missing packages from 5.4

On 11/10/2009 11:16 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/08/2009 10:54 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> it seems there are a few source packages missing from 5.4:
>
> Will look into these, might need to push them out manually.

and what about the not really .centos packages?

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default missing packages from 5.4

On 11/10/2009 10:20 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
> On 11/10/2009 11:16 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 11/08/2009 10:54 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>>> it seems there are a few source packages missing from 5.4:
>>
>> Will look into these, might need to push them out manually.
>
> and what about the not really .centos packages?
>

What is the issue ?

Keep in mind that once a package is marked as .centos - it will stay as
such during the life of the distro unless there are some very good
reasons ( like it causes issues retaining that tag ).

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Farkas Levente
 
Default missing packages from 5.4

On 11/10/2009 11:25 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/10/2009 10:20 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> On 11/10/2009 11:16 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> On 11/08/2009 10:54 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>>>> it seems there are a few source packages missing from 5.4:
>>>
>>> Will look into these, might need to push them out manually.
>>
>> and what about the not really .centos packages?
>>
>
> What is the issue ?

that they seems to be modified even though there is no modifications:-(

> Keep in mind that once a package is marked as .centos - it will stay as
> such during the life of the distro unless there are some very good
> reasons ( like it causes issues retaining that tag ).

what kind of issues?

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default missing packages from 5.4

On 11/10/2009 10:27 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> Keep in mind that once a package is marked as .centos - it will stay as
>> such during the life of the distro unless there are some very good
>> reasons ( like it causes issues retaining that tag ).
>
> what kind of issues?

we'll know one when we hit one wont we.


--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org