-   -   5.4 install failure (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/271623-5-4-install-failure.html)

John Summerfield 10-30-2009 01:26 AM

5.4 install failure

I've mirrored the 5.4 repos and run createrepo on WBEL crossed with
Centos4 on account of the WB folk seem to be MIA.

Presumably, there's something wrong with my incantation of createrepo or
something, because anaconda complains.

It says my repo is butchers and proffers a reboot button.
"Unable to read group information from repositories, This is a problem
with the generation of your install tree."

Okay, above is background. Here's the odd bit.

I choose the one button on offer, and Anaconda goes on and installs!

I'm not sure what it installs, but there is a bootable system, A kernel,
grub are both properly in place.

I can login as root, but root's dot files are not in place, so that bash
doesn't do its initialisation. Manually copying the contents /etc/skel
works.

Can't really see what's installed because rpm isn't.

It's really secure, it starts no daemons at all.

Of course, anaconda should be rebooting, but this is way more entertaining.

Am I right to think I should be telling createrepo about the file,
comps.xml?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

John Summerfield 10-30-2009 02:58 AM

5.4 install failure

John Summerfield wrote:

> Of course, anaconda should be rebooting, but this is way more entertaining.
>

> Am I right to think I should be telling createrepo about the file,
> comps.xml?

I mirrored the repodata directories and now the install works fine. I'm
still amused by its not rebooting though.