Old 03-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Lennert Buytenhek

Default Windows Server 2008 guest on KVM

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 07:02:47AM +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> >> that would be quit cool. however, isnt there a problem with what runs on
> >> what ver of KVM ? in that centos-5 does not run beyond a certain
> >> release, whereas windows needs something else and opensolaris needs
> >> something completely different. or have those issues been resolved now ?

> > Farkas's version is KVM-84, which is the latest, and I have that
> > running here on a clean install of CentOS 5.2 with one W2008 guest.
> > Call it anecdotal evidence.
>
> Now run Centos 5.2 as another guest. Will that work as well? That seems
> to be the problem.

CentOS 5.2 on CentOS 5.2 works fine for me (with KVM 82/83 rpms from
lfarkas.org on various x86_64 machines). I also have opensolaris,
FreeBSD, and Windows XP guests on the same hosts.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Karanbir Singh

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> CentOS 5.2 on CentOS 5.2 works fine for me (with KVM 82/83 rpms from
> lfarkas.org on various x86_64 machines). I also have opensolaris,
> FreeBSD, and Windows XP guests on the same hosts.

in which case, this is a task[1] waiting for an owner

- KB

[1]: Package, test, push to testers, manage and maintain in the centos
repos.