-   -   Forum migration: newbb_to_phpbb (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/268498-forum-migration-newbb_to_phpbb.html)

Alain Reguera Delgado 03-23-2009 02:21 PM

Forum migration: newbb_to_phpbb

Marcus Moeller 03-23-2009 02:31 PM

Forum migration: newbb_to_phpbb

Hi Al,

> During the last few weeks I've been working on a migration script
> (newbb_to_phpbb) based on a code provided to me by Marcus Moeller to
> move Xoops+CBB forums, topics and posts into phpBB system.
>
> The users are copied from xoops user table onto an LDAP server.

I personally have no dump of the xoops user table, so maybe Karan
could give it a try. LDAP connection is already set up on TestVM.

Best Regards
Marcus

Karanbir Singh 03-23-2009 02:34 PM

Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> The users are copied from xoops user table onto an LDAP server.
>
> I personally have no dump of the xoops user table, so maybe Karan
> could give it a try. LDAP connection is already set up on TestVM.

I can definitely arrange for that - however the idea of a 'copy' cant
work - we need to have a situation where the userdata is shared between
the rest of the website and whatever we are using for the forums ( I was
under the impression that this was a goal ? ).

Tell me what you need, and I will make sure you get it. Please do not
rely on me to do more than that. There just isnt enough time. And I
think there are people here who are way better qualified and aware of
issues around forums and websites.